The PCR Movies Thread!

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Tenet and The Batman can't come soon enough as far as I'm concerned. I'm just deciding if I'm going to venture to the cinema for Tenet, mask and all..

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I really want to see TENET :D. I wonder if cinemas will be quiet compared to normal?

I went for a walk at lunchtime at the highstreet was busier today that I've seen in a LONG time. Even busier than a normal day, perhaps because it's "back to school".

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Yeah everything seems much busier now that its ever been, pubs etc especially. I think people have gone mad for it now they're open again.

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Anyone braved the cinema yet yet?? I'm contemplating going to watch TENET.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Not yet, but might be going in just over a week :D. Sounds like the cinema round here is empty though - would be gutted if they disappear.

When are you thinking of going?

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
No fixed date really, sometime that'll be quiet and empty!

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Ah was going to post that earlier, but been busy. Looks good, I need to watch the original...

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Can. Not. Wait. This looks like a hell of a film. 4 hours long too!

I'm confused, wasn't Justice League released years back? :lol: Is this a new edit of the film?

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Yes, this is Zac Snyder's version. (What the film should have been originally) :)

Taken from Reddit:

"Some frequent questions I've seen coming up is what's different with this version to the 2017 version of Justice League.

Zack Snyder shot 5 hours of assembly footage during principle photography in 2016. From that, he edited it to 214 mins(3.5 hours) and was happy to call it his director's cut. From this, he was happy to edit it down to 3 hours for the theatrical cut, and release the 3.5 hour directors cut in Blu-ray.

But WB wanted Zack Snyder to cut it to 2 hours for the theatrical cut. Which is unbelievable, since cutting 1.5 hours from a 3.5 hour movie would make it extremely unwatchable and make absolutely no sense. Snyder tried his best to negotiate with WB to release a longer cut, even made a 2.5 hour cut, which was extremely compromised and makes no sense, but WB wasn't happy. This was when Snyder suffered a family tragedy and lost the will to fight with WB for the longer cut.

He stepped down and WB(Geoff Johns) used this opportunity to hire Joss Whedon, and use the 2 months of reshoots to reshoot almost the entire film. He wrote 88 pages of reshoots, which translates to almost 90 mins of the final movie.

The original cinematographer, Fabian Wagner, and later Snyder confirmed that only 30 mins of the theatrical cut of Justice League had shots by Zack Snyder, and even those were heavily edited. The rest were shot by Joss Whedon.

So Zack Snyder's Justice League releasing next month, which is 4 hours, will contain at minimum 3.5 hours of footage we never saw.

The only new idea is the 4 mins of new footage he shot recently with Jared Leto and Joe Mangeniello, which he added since he wanted this universe's Batman and Joker meet at least once. Other than that, it's all shot in 2016."

So its essentially a new film. Sweet.

Ask a Question