The Offical England Football Thread

Adywebb

Growing old....
Reaction score
I suppose the result did the job - but overall I'm a bit disappointed.

I still can't see why he brought along Walcott - if Sven isn't going to even play him in the group stages, he's hardly likely to play him in the knockout stages, so what's the point, I don't get it....:confused:

Reaction score
Adywebb said:
I suppose the result did the job - but overall I'm a bit disappointed.

I still can't see why he brought along Walcott - if Sven isn't going to even play him in the group stages, he's hardly likely to play him in the knockout stages, so what's the point, I don't get it....:confused:

Tactics just watch:)

Reaction score
Danger Sven @ Work

I dont think Sven cares that much, he's out of a job at the end of the campain anyway.
Picking Walcott ahead of players like Wright-Philips shows he has a streak of contept for those at the FA & those players who have more experience, Svens a chancer & has nothing to loose, it's glory or oblivion for him!

Reaction score
Picking Walcot was a waste of everyone time. Why on earth would you pick a 17 year old that hasnt even played for his club when you could pick a 23 year old (defoe) who has been playing premiership football for years and knocks in goals for fun and would be a direct replacement for owen??

Well, serves him right, cause now owen is out, rooney is not match fit and crouch is possibly one of the worst international strikers ever. He is absolutely terrible!!!

How much better would england be if they could stick on defoe for the last 20mins of a game against a tired defense. And while on ranting, why not take wright-phillips. Imagine against a tiring defense sticking wright-phillips out wide right and defoe through the middle, they would cause havoc!! Instead of Lennon who is still too inexperienced and putting steven gerrard up front.

I know more about football than Sven "the worlds most boring man" Eriksson.

Reaction score
HGV2 said:
I dont think Sven cares that much, he's out of a job at the end of the campain anyway.
Does that mean he will be on the dole and living on the bread-line. He cares? Does he shyt:lol:

Reaction score
stuartw101 said:
Anyone know what day we play the quater final match if we beat ecuador?
No, but i'm taking the day off & dont care what the boss say's!
Oh hang on a mo i am the boss:D

Reaction score
Not a problem But? Thats as far as they are going to get?
Unless they can get it together as a TEAM :-}

Reaction score
stuartw101 said:
Anyone know what day we play the quater final match if we beat ecuador?

optimistic?

it will be the winners from the game between portugal and holland

and then it will definetly be between GERMANY and ARGENTINA!
wow that will be too tough

but lets not forget abt Equador
no doubt abt it not as easy as it looks!

Reaction score
We meet portugal. Which i guess is alright...

Did you see the number of yellow/red cards given out in that game? It was a disgrace!

Rush

Cool Cruncher
Reaction score
Was ok for England...Ronaldo injured and Costinho and Deco banned...Bring em on ???

Reaction score
who knows.

time will tell.

We can face i guess after, if we get through, the germans or argentinians - both of which we have been to war with ;)

Reaction score
christopherpostill said:
, if we get through, the germans or argentinians - both of which we have been to war with ;)

nope

if portugal are beaten it will be out of

BRAZIl
Ghana
SPAIN
or France

and in the final if might be germany or argentina

Reaction score
Yep you're right. Yeah that match yesterday was a joke, he was handing cards out for most tackles no matter how good or bad they were. I also can't believe figo wasn't sent off for head butting that player, he got a yellow even though the ref didnt see it, not sure if the linesman saw if so why a yellow and not a red as he was giving yellows for such little things such as time wasting etc.

Ask a Question