The Offical England Football Thread

Reaction score
Come on Liverpool Oh no... it was England 2 T&T 0

What a player that Lennon is:thumb:

LATE LATE SHOW!
England were held 0-0 by Trinidad and Tobago for 83 minutes despite the introduction of Wayne Rooney but then Peter Crouch and Steven Gerrard netted in a 2-0 victory.
:D

Rush

Cool Cruncher
Reaction score
Mediocre display but in the end the result counts.....
next round ..for sure ..but lay off the bunting just yet !!

Rooney should never have been played..desperation stakes against T&T lets get real ..

We are not good enough yet ???

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
Stick 'em in here ... Please.
nod.gif

I even made it a stickie, so non of you can get lost ... :thumb:

* then I dont have to go running around deleting all the other threads *

Reaction score
I have watched every game so far:nod: , and not one team has stood out as being capable of winning the cup with out any problem, nope not one! they are all warming up I fear and the best is yet to come,based on what I have seen so far Brazil, Germany, Spain,Portugal have the better chance, so unless England can get it together ????:bow:

chelseafc2005

Crunchtastic
Reaction score
the game today was dissapointing, i hope sven has finally realised lennon is very good! Also england have the potential to have a very very good team with players such as terry lampard gerrard rooney all playing together. We have one of the best goalies some of the best center backs and the best midfield duo in europe (imo) but the strickers have to work on it i mean when rooney isnt fit we dont look like scoring crouch is the biggest waste of space i have ever seen and our coach is completely incompitent of picking a squad what is walcott doing??? rooney isnt fit and he played him over walcott who is fully fit so obviousley he doesnt think he is good enoguh but then why did he pick him for the squad instead of defoe/bent?????

wow*rant over*

Reaction score
chelseafc2005 the game today was dissapointing, i hope sven has finally realised lennon is very good!:nod: Also england have the potential to have a very very good team with players such as terry lampard gerrard rooney all playing together. We have one of the best goalies some of the best center backs and the best midfield duo in europe:nod: (imo) but the strickers have to work on it i mean when rooney isnt fit we dont look like scoring crouch is the biggest waste of space i have ever seen:nod: and our coach is completely incompitent of picking a squad what is walcott doing??? rooney isnt fit and he played him over walcott who is fully fit so obviousley he doesnt think he is good enoguh but then why did he pick him for the squad instead of defoe/bent?????:nod:

Agreed:thumb:

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Nicely put CFC. :thumb:

Rush said:
Rooney should never have been played..desperation stakes against T&T lets get real ..
Gotta agree, he could have been put out a couple of times.....Its not worth the risk yet.

Are we ever gonna see Walcott?
confused0024.gif

Adywebb

Growing old....
Reaction score
chelseafc2005 said:
the game today was dissapointing, i hope sven has finally realised lennon is very good! Also england have the potential to have a very very good team with players such as terry lampard gerrard rooney all playing together. We have one of the best goalies some of the best center backs and the best midfield duo in europe (imo) but the strickers have to work on it i mean when rooney isnt fit we dont look like scoring crouch is the biggest waste of space i have ever seen and our coach is completely incompitent of picking a squad what is walcott doing??? rooney isnt fit and he played him over walcott who is fully fit so obviousley he doesnt think he is good enoguh but then why did he pick him for the squad instead of defoe/bent?????
I agree with much of what you say - but Crouch did score the first goal and settle the team - hardly a waste of space.....

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Redeeming himself for a poor first half, but tis true. :)

Adywebb

Growing old....
Reaction score
Many of the players had a poor first half - and he wasn't the only player to miss opportunities - I'm not saying he should necessarily be ahead of other strikers in the squad, I'm just saying its too harsh calling him a waste of space ;)

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
And i agreed, maybe i should have said an unlucky first half. He did miss 3 good chances in the first half. :)

Last edited:
Reaction score
Ive also watched every game and i have to say there are three teams so far that look very very good and as if they could do well, thats Argentina, Czech Republic and Spain. Only teams that looked completely in control, comfortable passing, scored some good goals etc. A lot of the other teams have looked disjointed (for want of a better word).

Reaction score
pi55 poor performance

We played badly for 82 minutes!
Why do we have to rely on one man in Rooney to lift the team. Their playing for their country if that does not lift them, then get rid of them & bring in fresh new talent!

ps: my football knowledge is not good, but i do make a good armchair critic!!

Rush

Cool Cruncher
Reaction score
By bodhi
Ive also watched every game and i have to say there are three teams so far that look very very good and as if they could do well, thats Argentina, Czech Republic and Spain. Only teams that looked completely in control, comfortable passing, scored some good goals etc. A lot of the other teams have looked disjointed (for want of a better word).

Spot on :thumb:

Reaction score
Whatching Argentina at the moment half time 3.0 up, they are going to take some stopping:wave: brilliant passing> finishing first class>

Rush

Cool Cruncher
Reaction score
Give em the trophy

Might aswell come home now...Argentina were head and shoulders the best team so far ....

Reaction score
Yup, i have already said that i think england have NO CHANCE!! Not that im all that concerned, im Scottish after all, and we all want England to get smashed!! hehe.

Reaction score
Rush said:
Might aswell come home now...Argentina were head and shoulders the best team so far ....

It aint over untill the fat lady sings!!!! But Argentina are the best team I have seen so far. If Brazil and/or any other team get it together then who knows?

Reaction score
itsme said:
It aint over untill the fat lady sings!!!! But Argentina are the best team I have seen so far. If Brazil and/or any other team get it together then who knows?

definetly agree
i have not missed a match so far

today Argentina played world class
i dont see any team stopping them

Messi, Riquelme, Tevez, Henize, Crespo, Saviola, Cambiasso
WORLD CLASS

that second goal they scored surely GOAL OF THE TOURNAMENT
and goal of the decade
wonderful attacking football

really excited about them
even Marradona and his daugthers are!
ever seen pele or cruyaff jumping around like him?

still im sure Becks and the boys will be thinking bring on Argentina!!!:)

Ask a Question