The New PS3

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Just got this in an email from them, i had no idea they were making another PS3, this is the 3rd version now. I've still got the big fat 1st gen one. :D

With all the great games and features you love now wrapped up in a sleek new design, there's never been a better time to get your hands on PlayStation 3.
PlayStation 3 offers the ultimate in gaming and home entertainment at brilliant value for money, and it's now available in an eye-catching design that is bound to turn heads in your living room.
Available from 28 September 2012, the new PS3 system comes with a whopping 500GB of storage and will be closely followed by a wallet-friendly 12GB version. So whether you're after instant access to memorable, fun-packed evenings with the family, or want to load up your system with tons of fantastic entertainment, we've got the right PS3 for you.
The new console offers you the flexibility to tailor your PS3 experience to suit your needs: start off with the 12GB model and then ramp up the capacity by connecting a dedicated 250GB Hard Disk Drive. This is just one of the great peripherals that will be released at the same time alongside a range of other essential accessories such as a vertical stand that offers more flexibility in how the new PS3 can be displayed.
To tie in with the launch, PlayStation Store for PS3 is set to get a new look from October 2012 too, making it even easier for you to find and download the content you love from the comfort of your sofa.
Keep an eye on eu.playstation.com/ps3 and PlayStation.Blog at blog.eu.playstation.com for more details on the smaller and lighter PS3.
http://uk.playstation.com/new-ps3/

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I'm surprised they've released another - I figured it can't be much longer before the next variant was out! Perhaps there's still a few more years to go? :confused:

Pretty pleased with my PS3 (and I've got the old 1st gen one too) - but I'm annoyed with how Sony handled the Linux saga on it. That said, I've not missed the feature as much as I thought... but that's besides the point ;).

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Depending on where you read, the PS4 will be out next year or the year after.....

That new one has a sliding disk tray too, how very quaint! :p

Ask a Question