The First LumiLED LCD Display

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
Seeing as their aim is to combat the problems inherent to LCD monitors, you could easily say that LumiLED technology has a lot to live up to. However, with their extensive work on developing a technology that provides richer colours and far better rendering, you could also say that they are well on the way to achieving their massive goal. NEC have finally released their LumiLED screen, after months in the final development stages.

LumiLED technology is the most advanced in the field of monitors - it truly is cutting edge. Instead of using fluorescent tubes to backlight the display (which, as we all know, have a limited life and cannot be replaced), 48 LEDs with adjustable colours are used.

At the huge price of $6,600 (£3721), only those with a lot of money to spare will be able to get their hands on one of these. However, if this techology does indeed succeed, we may well see future generations of the SpectraView 2180WG-LED in every household.

Read the full article at Tom's Hardware Guide. A small piece with comments can be found at Engadget

Attachments

• LED Monitor.jpg
    LED Monitor.jpg
    3.9 KB · Views: 501

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
... for crying out loud, I only just bought a TFT and now its old technology. :rolleyes:

What! No screen shots?

Hmm, let me see ... pack of 10 LEDs 50p * £3,000 ... hey, good profit magins. :thumb:

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Reminds me of those giant LED screens you see in big citys :) Wouldn't mind one of those ;)

CITech

Offshore Crunchie Eater
Reaction score
Ian Cunningham said:
Reminds me of those giant LED screens you see in big citys :) Wouldn't mind one of those ;)
So Ian, just how big is your desk?:confused:

Ask a Question