The collar which visualises your dog's emotions

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
A biologist in Japan by the name of Joji Yamaguchi has developed a harness for dogs which measures their heart rate and visualises the emotion they are feeling by way of a coloured light. The device, named Inupathy, has been tested on over 30 dogs so far, and BBC Click has been to meet the creator of Inupathy:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-37619957

The company is currently seeking funding through IndieGoGo, and you can view more about the device here:

Reaction score
Now now Mr mucks are you insinuating that ladies are unpredictable, temperamental and turn on a sixpence, tut, tut :eek::eek::eek::lol::lol::lol:

nivrip

Yorkshire Cruncher
Reaction score
a harness for dogs which measures their heart rate and visualises the emotion they are feeling by way of a coloured light.

What????????

Visualises their emotions????????

Is it April the First?

:D

Reaction score
Oh you of little faith, yes dogs do have emotions probably not as complexed as ours but emotions just the same as ours joy, sorrow, excitement etc.

nivrip

Yorkshire Cruncher
Reaction score
, yes dogs do have emotions probably not as complexed as ours but emotions just the same as ours joy, sorrow, excitement etc.

Yes, I'm sure dogs do have some sort of emotions but a harness that visualises their emotions? That's the bit I can't accept. :)

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
Does anyone recall "mood rings" which would change colour when worn? The colours supposedly reflected the wearer's changing moods - although I don't think the rings were particularly sophisticated, and reacted to changes in temperature. No matter how tranquil one might feel, step outside in frosty weather, and the colour would change to murky, registering the "mood" as grumpy! :D

The collars sound as if they would be a lot more accurate. Useful on dogs who tend to be harder to "read" perhaps? I can remember listening to a vet being interviewed on the radio, some time ago, and he said that he found the mood of Rottweilers (in particular) could be a bit difficult to judge.

He maintained that sometimes, there was only the slightest change in the pupil of their eye, to give a clue that they were likely to snap. Whereas other breeds tend to be a lot more "obvious" in their body-language. (I am guessing that some Rottie owners might not agree though.)