The Fallout 4 Thread

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
The graphics engine is poor/old/dated, sound is not fantastic and the whole game is quite buggy overall.

Yeah it's a shame about that, it looks dated when you compare it to other current games on the market :(

Interesting to hear your thoughts on the game now that you've completed it though! I'm still wading through side missions - I am currently THE SILVER SHROUD! :D

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
I don't think the graphics are that bad though will admit they do pale a little compared to, say, Mad Max and The Witcher III.

However, after the long wait and the enticing trailers the game, to me, has been something of an anti-climax.

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
However, after the long wait and the enticing trailers the game, to me, has been something of an anti-climax.

Yup. I still like it, but it feels more like an extension of previous games rather than new in it's own right. I'm really disappointed with how short the main storyline is - I've held off doing any more main quest objectives because everyone has said how quick it is.

One quest I did recently was Confidence Man - basically you help improve the confidence of Travis, the annoying radio DJ on Diamond City Radio. It massively improves the quality of the listening! Speak to the barman in the Dugout Inn in Diamond City to get started :)

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Oh man, VR FO:4 would be amazing... I do wonder how they'll solve the walking/movement issue though, as I imagine that would be quite barf-inducing!

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
Very exciting news! I hope they use blink locomotion though...

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
I finally finished Fallout 4 the other day. I know, I know, I'm really slow... I just like to spread out the main story as long as I can while I do every other quest I encounter. Drives Ian nuts! At least I completed Fallout 4 quicker than Skyrim - I think that one took me over 2 years :blush:

Anyhoo, I downloaded all the available DLC the other day (I have a season pass) and I've started on the Mechanist stuff. Really enjoying it so far! Some of the robots are really difficult to beat, so it's nice to have a challenge again.

Anyone here done Far Harbour yet? Keep hearing good things about it, can't wait.

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
A mate of mines played the hell out of it, done all he can by all accounts and has the DLC too. Keeps telling me I should buy it.....

I came very close to buying it in the Steam sale, but actually didn't as I know it would suck up too much of my time! :blush:

Maybe in the fall/winter sales.....

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
Go for it! :D

I have the Vault Dwellers Survival Guide - currently using it to track down all the bobbleheads. Still not bored with the game after a long time playing it.

Compared with other games, the graphics are lousy, but it's good fun :thumb:

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
Anyone else still playing this? :D :blush:

I'm level 70 now, I've done Far Harbour and Nuka World, and it's all feeling a bit easy. With Nuka World, because I'm such a goodie goodie two shoes I decided to kill all the raiders instead of doing their bidding. As a result I didn't get a high completion percentage on that DLC but I had a lot of fun! :thumb:

Decided to start a new play through in Survival mode - if you don't know, this means a number of things: You get hungry and thirsty so have to eat and drink regularly. You can only save when you sleep, and you need to sleep regularly or you get fatigued. When you're tired then you do get an adrenaline perk which means you deal more damage, but letting yourself go long without sleep is a risky move. You also can't fast travel. It's like playing a whole different game, and it's a great challenge!

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
So far on survival mode I'm finding loads more locations than previously - lots of huts in the middle of nowhere, random boxes etc. I've turned off the music too, so that when I'm not listening to the radio I just hear what's going on nearby. Pretty handy because you don't get red markers on the navigation for enemies - you just have to be vigilant!

I've got sick twice, and had to craft antibiotics to cure myself which was a pain. Each requires three stimpaks! Also if you don't cure yourself fairly quickly then you start to get worse and things can spiral out of control.

Currently level 7 and haven't even gone to Concord yet :D

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
Getting really into this survival melarkey :D I have actually surprised myself - I thought I would just have a quick go, realise it was too hard and then give up... I managed to kill the deathclaw in Concord on my second attempt, and I'm now slowly making my way to Diamond City.

Only downside to all this is that I have other games on the go that have fallen by the wayside. Plus Ian thinks I'm mental :lol:

Reaction score
Deathclaws are really hard. I have killed a couple myself in the past. Well done on that one

Oh I'm level 15 now I think possibly just turned 16

When you come across him you need to befriend Strong. He is a Super Mutant that can carry 2000+ items at once. That's comes in very handy when wanting to build things. All that junk you think your never going to use will get used ;)

Oh and he comes in very handy when fighting the enemy

http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Strong

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
I met Strong on my first playthrough, but I never had him as a follower. To be honest I'm intentionally not having a follower at the moment because in survival mode sneaking is really important and they are bad at that. Plus it means I can have the 'Lone Wanderer' perk which is really good. Currently got Dogmeat as a follower but he doesn't count for the purposes of the perk :) I find him quite handy because I can send him in to distract an enemy while I snipe them from a distance.

I've also started creating supply lines between settlements, which means that any items that can be used in crafting / building are shared. Pretty handy, although I wish it extended to the full inventory!

Reaction score
Yes I like the idea of the Supply lines. Always forgetting something and forgetting where I left it

Ask a Question