The c: disk is at or near capacity.

Hot Gal

Hi

My server has a 40gb hardware raid configured. the drive is paritioned into
2 drives. C and D. C is used to store system files etc. and D is used to
stored users files etc. My C drive is near full capacity however I have
plenty of space on my D drive. What can I do to add more space to my C
drive.

Thanks

Robert Hocking

Powerquest makes a product called Volume Manager. This
is the same company that makes Partition Magic. We have
used it for the exact same problem on both a WinNT 4.0 &
Win2k server, and it works great.

Robert Hocking
MCSE, A+

Joe Griffin [MSFT]

There is a utility in Windows XP and Windows 2003 Server called diskpart
that will allow you to extend drives even on basic disk. However, on basic
disk the space must be contiguous.
If you have a Raid controller that will allow adding additional drives to
the Raid array, you could add additional space to the Raid array by adding
additional drives. Copy the information from the data partition somewhere
on your network. Delete the second partition. Use diskpart to extend the C
drive (boot machine is safe mode to do this) to the size you require.
Create the D partition and restore the data from the network drive.
There are other ways to do accomplish the same thing but watch out for some
utilities because if your drive is translated at 32 sectors per track
instead of 63, some utilities do not handle this correctly and expect to
rebuild you partition tables with a tool such as diskprobe after the
utility has finished.
Joe Griffin [MS]