The brand spanking new post a Youtube Music link Thread

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Of course in April it won't look so new.

Ok, I'm bored, jeez, I need some work, I need some money.

But.

I absolutely love this video:

Everybody's Gotta Live

The original was from an album named Vindicator by Arthur Lee. In fact I'm quite sure that's Arthur Lee playing guitar. The girl singer is new to me.

I just love the young girlie chorus, full of spirit and showing a real positive side to the USA.

Arthur Lee fronted Love, a sixties band who made the album 'Forever Changes' which was so beautiful it reduced Robert Plant (Led Zep) to tears.

This is the original:

If you want to link to your faves, let's limit it to one a day each, just a suggestion :)

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
I meant to reply to this thread, but got completely sidetracked browsing through some of my favourite tracks and videos, then forgot! lol.

It's hard to pick just one or two and in any case, my taste changes, depending on what I happen to be doing... but anyway.

The Road to Hell

If you don't like Chris Rea, then here's something completely different. I defy you to watch this guy and not be reminded of Rowan Atkinson... except for his voice, that is
:p

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Well that was different, lol :)

I still have the Road To Hell album on cassette somewhere, I went through a Chris Rea phase for a while but kinda drifted away from him.

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score

Gypsy Airs by Sarasate

My contribution.
nod.gif

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
If we are going back in time ;) Then forget the who
nod.gif

These guys were the first at everything. :D

An if you want to argue about it I'll get on me Lambretta and we can meet up at Brighton or Scarborough :p is that black and white enough or green and clear enough
laughingsmiley.gif

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Ah, the Pretty Things. From Dartford.

Fella I knew named Ray Estall was friends at school with them, was offered a job as their keyboard player but declined the offer to pursue a 'normal' career.

He's now flogging BMW's up Park Lane which makes one wonder whether he made the right choice...

I saw The Pretty Things at a club named The Mistral in Beckenham in 1969 and they'd morphed from a 60's beat group to a very heavy rock band, I believe their album 'SF Sorrow' was released around that time.

Drumming for them at that booking was a fella named Twink (a rather unfortunate monicker considering the current day meaning) who went on to drum for The Pink Fairies.

Somebody threw a fag packet or something at the band so Twink stopped the band playing, stood up and shouted out 'Whoever threw that come down here and I'll knock your ******* teeth down your throat'.

Nobody came forward, there was about 30 seconds awkward silence and the band started playing again. No more objects were thrown during the set.

I saw some good bands at that club including The Move, The Nice, Tyranysoraus Rex and Chicken Shack.

And those are my Pretty Things tales - every one's a winner folks :D

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Quad, that's very good indeed :thumb:

Shame about his haircut :D

Nice totty on backup vocals too :)

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
I heard him at a friends place on a very high end system and was floored!

I heard the entire album and found it to be bloody good indeed. You should check it out for sure.

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
Here is a great Duo from my town hope you like it. She packs so much emotion in the song it is amazing, a really passionate artist.

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
You're on the ball tonight Quad - me like :)

I had actually heard of these, but not actually heard them, if that makes sense.

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
Thank you, thank you.

Here is another new artist I discovered and think she is goood!

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
Here is another artist Toni Childs, that you may like very much, I have been listening to her since her first album came out, she has a fabulous voice brimming with energy

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Quadophile said:
Thank you, thank you.

Here is another new artist I discovered and think she is goood!

Good looking female, nice vids, but to me it's just another slice of American powerpop pseudo emotional sing-by-numbers.

Even it if ain't American it would aspire to be.

Doesn't have that defining spark, hard to explain.

Ask a Question