Tester needed for Project X

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
Hi I have a new toy and need a tester to see how it works. I need someone who has and is willing to,

1) a pc with two browsers, IE and FF prefered

2) willing to give their real upload and download speed

3) willing to download a 300MB file and inform how long this took

4) willing to download some pictures about 10MB and inform how long it took

5) view a streamed video on the net via a web page and give an opinion on its performance

6) send me an e-mail addy so I can send them a secure link to the content

7) give me an overall impression of the experience

Seems like a lot but it would only take a few minutes apart from the downloading. Naturally I would be oh so grateful and if I make millions rewards would be forthcoming :D

It is nothing dodgy and all the content is clean and checked.

Me__2001

Internet Junkie
Reaction score
I can have a go at it if you'd like? I have to pop back to uni for a few hours so wouldn't be able to respond until tonight.

If you don't mind waiting drop me a PM and i'll do it ASAP

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
Me__2001 said:
I can have a go at it if you'd like? I have to pop back to uni for a few hours so wouldn't be able to respond until tonight.

If you don't mind waiting drop me a PM and i'll do it ASAP

Ta for the offer. Will need an addy to send the link to. PM me one and I'll get the link to you.

nod.gif

EvanDavis

Silly Fool
Reaction score
Abarbarian said:
Thats like a hybrid Marily Manson and Frank Zappa on methedrine.
laughingsmiley.gif

Serj Tankian has said some of his poetry has insparation from Frank Zappa and him tha is Marilyn Manson has made reference on a few ocasions to System Of A Down been the greatest rock band in his time. I was just making reference to your pogoing in your PM
:D

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
EvanDavis said:

Serj Tankian has said some of his poetry has insparation from Frank Zappa and him tha is Marilyn Manson has made reference on a few ocasions to System Of A Down been the greatest rock band in his time. I was just making reference to your pogoing in your PM
:D

Figured. ;)

Check your email to start pogoing.
laughingsmiley.gif

EvanDavis

Silly Fool
Reaction score
Abarbarian said:
Re-sent linky to private addy. :confused:

My DOH! forgot e-mail gets forward to g-mail..DOH! DOH! anyway as soon as I click on "View it now" Avast goes spastic on me. Trojan alert... I will try again in the AM

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
EvanDavis said:

My DOH! forgot e-mail gets forward to g-mail..DOH! DOH! anyway as soon as I click on "View it now" Avast goes spastic on me. Trojan alert... I will try again in the AM

Same linky worked on my XP with Avast running. :confused:

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
EvanDavis said:
I will try it on my Mandy (Mandriva as you know her :D ) tomorrow morning..

I had to turn of NoScript in FF on Mandy and XP to view all the content on the site. I'm looking into how to tweak NS to allow all the site.
There is no rush for the results. Yesterday would be good.
laughingsmiley.gif

Me__2001

Internet Junkie
Reaction score
Ok Abarbarian, all done

Video and mp3 played fine in ie7 and FF 3.6, all the images came up within a second or two and enlarged fine.

Download speed was a bit leisurely shall we say. I downloaded MVI_0122 in 1hr 11mins from FF and about the same for IE7, the mp3 took 3mins 50 +/- 1 second in both browsers. Pictures again took quite a while to download, between 10 and 20 seconds for each one

The site is quite good other than the incredibly slow download speed which is the only thing that really lets it down

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
Me__2001 said:
Ok Abarbarian, all done

Video and mp3 played fine in ie7 and FF 3.6, all the images came up within a second or two and enlarged fine.

Download speed was a bit leisurely shall we say. I downloaded MVI_0122 in 1hr 11mins from FF and about the same for IE7, the mp3 took 3mins 50 +/- 1 second in both browsers. Pictures again took quite a while to download, between 10 and 20 seconds for each one

The site is quite good other than the incredibly slow download speed which is the only thing that really lets it down

Many thanks Me_2001.

Did you join Pogoplug or just bypass that step and just view from the web browser ?

Have to scratch me head a bit here, as when I tried to play the mp3 in Mandy on FF the controls were not accessible and the only way I could stop it playing was to close the web page. :confused:

Do you have NoScript in FF and if you do did you have to disable it or tweak it at all ?

Once again many thanks. Hope you liked the First Night Party.

Review of Project X will appear shortly.

nod.gif

Ask a Question