taskbar problem

wehrmacht

Hi.

I had a taskbar problem (right in the middle of my raven shield game and
I might have at least killed the one who killed me if it had not happened)

Suddenly I was back to desktop and a message popped up, which I ignored
because I was angry.

The net effect is that suddenly my Start/Taskbar is at the top of my
screen instead of at the bottom.

It won't let me autohide, saying something about there already being
a manifestation that is autohidden.

This seems like a simple problem, yet I am having problems correcting it.

Any hints?

//ulien

Bobby Mikkelson {MSFT}

Hello,

First Try to boot into Safe Mode to rest all of the default setting for the
desktop.

If the taskbar continues to be Stuck on one of the side of the screen open
the Task
Manager and End Process on Explorer.exe. The go to the Application Tab and
Start a
New Task for Explorer.exe. This may return the Taskbar to the default
location of
the bottom of the screen.

If the Taskbar still persist in staying on the sides or the top of the
screen
create a system restore point. Open the Registry Editior. Goto
HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Current Version\Explorer\StiuckRects2.
Clear all of
the Data in the Settings Key. Close the Registry Editior. Open Task Manager
and End
Process on Explorer.exe. Log off the user account. Log back in. This should
restore
the Taskbar to the default location if none of the other steps resolve it
first.

If this still doesn't work you can simply restore the system to a time
previous to when the issue began. Just click Start | All Programs |
Accessories | System Tools | System Restore. "Restore my computer to an
earlier time" should be selected, click Next and click the restore point
just before the incident happened and click next. Follow the instructions
and you should be back to normal after the reboot.

Hope this helps

Thank You

Bobby Mikkelson MCSE,MCP
Microsoft Consumer Support Engineer

Please do not send email directly to this alias. This alias is for
newsgroup purposes only.