Taskbar Issues

G

I am trying to set my taskbar to a fixed size and toolbar setup. I'd like it so that it is 3x the normal height of a wXP taskbar, with the Quick Launch toolbar laid out horizontally directly above the 'open window' toolbar. I am able to do this by Unlock[ing] The Taskbar, using the arrows to increase the height, activating the Quick Launch Toolbar, clicking and dragging the 'Open Program' Toolbar down towards the left hand side (I have the taskbar on the bottom of the desktop), and Lock[ing] The Taskbar

However, every time I restart, my taskbar defaults to 1 increment in height, and the quick launch toolbar is no longer active. I have everything "Save Settings On Exit", and I'm not sure what else I need to do to make my changes permanent. Please, any help or thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks.

D

dev

/CBisson/ said:
I am trying to set my taskbar to a fixed size and toolbar setup. I'd like it so that it is 3x the normal height of a wXP taskbar, with the Quick Launch toolbar laid out horizontally directly above the 'open window' toolbar. I am able to do this by Unlock[ing] The Taskbar, using the arrows to increase the height, activating the Quick Launch Toolbar, clicking and dragging the 'Open Program' Toolbar down towards the left hand side (I have the taskbar on the bottom of the desktop), and Lock[ing] The Taskbar.

However, every time I restart, my taskbar defaults to 1 increment in height, and the quick launch toolbar is no longer active. I have everything "Save Settings On Exit", and I'm not sure what else I need to do to make my changes permanent. Please, any help or thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks.

Check out the Taskbar section, under "T", at Kelly link below. Lots of
tips & fixes.

R

Ramesh [MVP]

Taskbar Repair Tool Plus! from Kelly:
http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/taskbarplus!.htm

--
Ramesh - Microsoft MVP
Windows XP - Shell/User
www.mvps.org/sramesh2k

Free Online Virus Scanners and Security Tests:
http://www.mvps.org/sramesh2k/Scanners.htm

I am trying to set my taskbar to a fixed size and toolbar setup. I'd like it so that it is 3x the normal height of a wXP taskbar, with the Quick Launch toolbar laid out horizontally directly above the 'open window' toolbar. I am able to do this by Unlock[ing] The Taskbar, using the arrows to increase the height, activating the Quick Launch Toolbar, clicking and dragging the 'Open Program' Toolbar down towards the left hand side (I have the taskbar on the bottom of the desktop), and Lock[ing] The Taskbar.

Ask a Question