taskbar gone?!

Reaction score
It happened awhile back tho but on a dell dimension desktop i was using my taskbar completely disappeared and also all my shortcuts. The whole startup screen is just blank except for my screen saver that is still here. It didn't have an antivirus on it so i think thats the case. Please Help!

chelseafc2005

Crunchtastic
Reaction score
1: get an anti virus (antivir / avg are both free
2: go to spywarepoint.com and download all the free stuff there
3: scan everything and prey that it helps if not well have to try something else

also njbill have you downloaded anything recently that could have been bundled with a virus and aslo do you use a p2p program such as kazaa or limewire???

Last edited:
Reaction score
Try taking your mouse right to the bottom of the screen

Click your left button and hold down and move upwards.

Sometimes it disappears from view and you have to restablish its position

chelseafc2005

Crunchtastic
Reaction score
TriplexDread said:
Try taking your mouse right to the bottom of the screen

Click your left button and hold down and move upwards.

Sometimes it disappears from view and you have to restablish its position

that might be it but probably not as all of his shortcuts have dissapeared so i would assume that it is a virus.

Reaction score
thanks for replying. but yeah i did download limewire awhile back could be it. but i tried to go online (people pc) and when the startup window came up there was no taskbar so how am i going to go online and get a anti-virus software? I have mcafee on my laptop can i copy it and play it on the desktop by any chance???

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
njbill said:
sorry if taskbar is the wrong word im not sure but that bar where u enter url's
You mean the address bar? Thats at the top of the screen, try right clicking on a empty space and check that there is a tick next to the line 'address bar'

The task bar is the bar at the bottom of the screen with the start button, quick lunch and system tray.

Any help?
:)

Reaction score
yea like the internet won't work the address bar isnt there. When the internet opens (after dialup works) theres this screen where it says that the page isnt working right now.

Reaction score
able to access my computer? i think if u get a pen drive and download firefox portable and put on pen drive open on infected pc then go online like that. u do need a friends pc though...

Ask a Question