Tabs in Hebrew Arabic Chinese

Avraham Hanadari

I have just finished testing NetCaptor (not free), MYIE2 and Avast and have
discovered that the tabs do not show Hebrew, Arabic, Chinese or Russian
titles. This function works fine in the Mozilla family of tabbed browsers,
but not in the IE skins. Anyone know how to solve this problem, or even
another browser that does show languages other than European?

Avraham

DAN

Avraham said:
I have just finished testing NetCaptor (not free), MYIE2 and Avast and have
discovered that the tabs do not show Hebrew, Arabic, Chinese or Russian
titles. This function works fine in the Mozilla family of tabbed browsers,
but not in the IE skins. Anyone know how to solve this problem, or even
another browser that does show languages other than European?

MyIE2 works fine to display Hebrew pages. (you need to install the Hebrew font
pack for IE if you have the US version, like me. Then you need to start IE
directly once and set the view/encoding to Hebrew. Only then MyIE2 displays
Hebrew pages right).

Note that this does work fine for the content of the pages, but the window title
won't display right. It shows [????] instead. Same for Chinese etc. Oh well.

DAN

Avraham Hanadari

I have just finished testing NetCaptor (not free), MYIE2 and Avast and have
discovered that the tabs do not show Hebrew, Arabic, Chinese or Russian
titles. This function works fine in the Mozilla family of tabbed browsers,
but not in the IE skins. Anyone know how to solve this problem, or even
another browser that does show languages other than European?

MyIE2 works fine to display Hebrew pages. (you need to install the Hebrew font
pack for IE if you have the US version, like me. Then you need to start IE
directly once and set the view/encoding to Hebrew. Only then MyIE2 displays
Hebrew pages right).

Note that this does work fine for the content of the pages, but the window title
won't display right. It shows [????] instead. Same for Chinese etc. Oh well.

DAN

That's exactly the point. I've been viewing Hebrew and Arabic and both
Chineses and other pages for years, but it's the tabs that are a pain. Those
tabs show with the correct writing system in the various Mozilla browsers,
as well as in Opera. The IE developers didn't have tabs to worry about, so
the code isn't there. Why can't the folks at the IE clones do a little extra
work, and add the necessary code. MyIE2 is Chinese, isn't it?

Avraham

DAN

Avraham said:
it's the tabs that are a pain. Those
tabs show with the correct writing system in the various Mozilla browsers,
as well as in Opera. The IE developers didn't have tabs to worry about, so
the code isn't there. Why can't the folks at the IE clones do a little extra
work, and add the necessary code. MyIE2 is Chinese, isn't it?

Yes it is. Did you try asking a question in the bug report forum of their
support forum? I found them pretty responsive when I had problems. And very
friendly. http://www.overseasky.net/myie2/forum_new/default.asp

Shana tova
DAN

Avraham Hanadari

DAN said:
Avraham Hanadari wrote:

Yes it is. Did you try asking a question in the bug report forum of their
support forum? I found them pretty responsive when I had problems. And very
friendly. http://www.overseasky.net/myie2/forum_new/default.asp

Shana tova
DAN

Thanks for the New Year greeting. May you also have a Shana tova! I'll
check with the support forum, but I suspect their response will be that
the tabs reflect the language of the OS. If my Windows is default
Chinese, I'll get Chinese tabs ... but no Hebrew. That's just a guess,
though. There's also a three way choice of languages during setup, if I
recall correctly. Maybe that's worth a try.

Avraham

Frank Bohan

[...]

Have you asked them whether a Chinese version is available?

===

Frank Bohan
¶ Mobius strippers never show you their back side.