System shutsdown after only a few minutes on internet

G

I am running XP Home. When ever I am on the internet for more than a few minutes the system shuts down with a one minute warning. The dialog box says 'Shutdown initiated by NT Authority System'. The message inside says 'Windows must now restart because RPC Services Terminated Unexpectedly'. Can anyone tell me what is going on and how to fix it?

G

That is what the Blaster.worm is supposed to do. One place I can recommend you to go to is www.symantec.com. You need to download the removal tool. The fastest way actually is to type in ftp.gwe.net in the address bar and download the "FixBlaster_WinXP.zip" file. It's the first one on the list. You'll need to do it quick otherwise it'll get ya again. Good Luck

Brando
P.S. it will take several trys to get to it but it's worth it in the long run. Once unzipped, run the removal tool first.

G

It could also be the Wachovia virus, the variant of Blaster. I had the same problem and it was Wachovia...

Ask a Question