System Restore Tab on System Properties gone!!!

ø¤°`°¤mikeø,¸¸,ø¤

1. There is no tab on the System Property for System Restore functions.
2. Unable to use system restore from system tools.
[Gives message:System Restore is unable to protect your Computer.Please
restart and then run System Restore again]
3. Restarted several time to no avail.
4. Any suggestions?

roger

Hi,

1. There is no tab on the System Property for System Restore functions.
2. Unable to use system restore from system tools.
[Gives message:System Restore is unable to protect your Computer.Please
restart and then run System Restore again]
3. Restarted several time to no avail.
4. Any suggestions?

To resolve the error, perform the following steps:

Reboot the computer into Safe Mode (press F8 when the boot menu
appears and select the Safe Mode option).
After Windows starts, open Windows Explorer.
Navigate to the \%systemroot%\inf folder (e.g., C:\windows\inf).
Right-click the file sr.inf and select Install from the context
menu. You will need the XP CD.
Reboot the computer in Normal mode.

Good luck

ø¤°`°¤mikeø,¸¸,ø¤

roger said:
Hi,

1. There is no tab on the System Property for System Restore functions.
2. Unable to use system restore from system tools.
[Gives message:System Restore is unable to protect your Computer.Please
restart and then run System Restore again]
3. Restarted several time to no avail.
4. Any suggestions?

To resolve the error, perform the following steps:

Reboot the computer into Safe Mode (press F8 when the boot menu
appears and select the Safe Mode option).
After Windows starts, open Windows Explorer.
Navigate to the \%systemroot%\inf folder (e.g., C:\windows\inf).
Right-click the file sr.inf and select Install from the context
menu. You will need the XP CD.
Reboot the computer in Normal mode.

Good luck

I have done this procedure as well, but not in safe mode. I will try it in
safe mode when I get home.
Thank you.

roger

Hi Mike,

On Fri, 14 May 2004 23:17:34 GMT, "ø¤°`°¤mikeø,¸¸,ø¤"

[...]
I have done this procedure as well, but not in safe mode. I will try it in
safe mode when I get home.
Thank you.

You're welcome. If you have XP Professional and this does not work,
try to do the following.

1. Run the Group Policy Editor (gpedit.msc)
2. Go to Computer Configuration / Administrative Templates / System /
System Restore
3. Set Turn off System Restore and Turn off Configuration to Disable
4. Right click on My Computer
5. Select Manage
6. Go to Services and Applications / Services
7. Scroll down to System Restore Service
8. Set it for Automatic
9. Click on the Start button to start the service
10. Close down this window
configured
12. Now when you right click on My Computer, there should be a tab for
System Restore

Good luck

ø¤°`°¤mikeø,¸¸,ø¤

roger said:
[...]

Up to No. 9 no problem
but when I start the service I get ......... ERROR 5: Access denied
Now what?
Mike

roger

Hi,

On Sat, 15 May 2004 07:22:13 GMT, "ø¤°`°¤mikeø,¸¸,ø¤"

[...]
Up to No. 9 no problem
but when I start the service I get ......... ERROR 5: Access denied
Now what?
Mike

Go to the dependencies tab and check that all services it depends on
are enabled.

Good luck

ø¤°`°¤mikeø,¸¸,ø¤

roger said:
Hi,

Go to the dependencies tab and check that all services it depends on
are enabled.

Good luck

That was it!!!
Thank you for your patience..
Mike

Joined
Nov 19, 2006
Messages
18
Reaction score
0
I know this is more than 2 years later, but ROGER, man you are really GENIUS (-:

Joined
Jan 17, 2010
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
hi there!

iam having the same problem and im on safe mode with network settings now. thats how im able to be on the net

i manage to follow till step 6 but then i cant find the " System Restore Service"

under " Services and Applications / Services"

im really sorry for the trouble and i hope you can help me out:)

thanks!!

christina

roger said:
Hi Mike,

On Fri, 14 May 2004 23:17:34 GMT, "ø¤°`°¤mikeø,¸¸,ø¤"
wrote:

[...]

>I have done this procedure as well, but not in safe mode. I will try it in
>safe mode when I get home.
>Thank you.

You're welcome. If you have XP Professional and this does not work,
try to do the following.

1. Run the Group Policy Editor (gpedit.msc)
2. Go to Computer Configuration / Administrative Templates / System /
System Restore
3. Set Turn off System Restore and Turn off Configuration to Disable
4. Right click on My Computer
5. Select Manage
6. Go to Services and Applications / Services
7. Scroll down to System Restore Service
8. Set it for Automatic
9. Click on the Start button to start the service
10. Close down this window
configured
12. Now when you right click on My Computer, there should be a tab for
System Restore

Good luck

Joined
Mar 22, 2012
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Till point 8 its fine but in the system restore service properties its STOP selected by default and it is on STOP and start option is faded although the service status is started. I tried to select stop and then select start but then also cannot find system restore option by right clicking on My Computer. I can see the shortcut in sys tools but when i click on that it says windows cannot find rstrui.exe.

Please Help