Switching Windows Mail Identities as in OE6 => WMID Success

M

MPS

Hi all,

Recently I had to convert a W98SE machine using OE6 with 5 Identities to Vista.

Vista Windows Mail does not supprt Identities rather, it wishes you to set up more secure individual useraccounts with their individual mailaccounts.

Though that is not a bad idea it is cumbersome for SOHO users, segregating more than one mailaccount i.e. for business, private, school, movieclub etc.

Steve Cochran made me aware of his WMID program, which I acquired and which does the trick 100%.

You can run Windows Mail as one single user, switching Identities as you would previously with OE6 under XP or even W98SE.

It has the comparable comfort of the old built-in OE6 Switch Identities and works under Vista...

Install & setup is quite straightforward and welldocumented.

Great program Steve -- well done.

Ciao, Maria

S

Steve Cochran

Hi Maria,

Glad to hear its working for you.

cheers,

steve

Hi all,

Recently I had to convert a W98SE machine using OE6 with 5 Identities to Vista.

Vista Windows Mail does not supprt Identities rather, it wishes you to set up more secure individual useraccounts with their individual mailaccounts.

Though that is not a bad idea it is cumbersome for SOHO users, segregating more than one mailaccount i.e. for business, private, school, movieclub etc.

Steve Cochran made me aware of his WMID program, which I acquired and which does the trick 100%.

You can run Windows Mail as one single user, switching Identities as you would previously with OE6 under XP or even W98SE.

It has the comparable comfort of the old built-in OE6 Switch Identities and works under Vista...

Install & setup is quite straightforward and welldocumented.

Great program Steve -- well done.

Ciao, Maria