switching to FTP publishing

vintage

having many time out problems publishing to my site www.gasolinealleyantiques.com
have tried FP Cleaner, no help. trying to break website into smaller
subwebs and smaller. still, major delays and timeouts. web host
www.needa.com says I should FTP to site. they claim my Frontpage
program is corrupted???? I have run the fix and repair diagnostic.
since the website was created 10 years ago, I have used HTTP only.
was under opinion that by using FTP I will corrupt the FP server
extensions. was I right, or should I now use FTP?? how about using
FTP to upload the jpegs? any input appreciated. thanks, Keith

vintage

having many time out problems publishing to my sitewww.gasolinealleyantiques.com
have tried FP Cleaner, no help. trying to break website into smaller
subwebs and smaller. still, major delays and timeouts. web hostwww.needa.comsays I should FTP to site. they claim my Frontpage
program is corrupted???? I have run the fix and repair diagnostic.
since the website was created 10 years ago, I have used HTTP only.
was under opinion that by using FTP I will corrupt the FP server
extensions. was I right, or should I now use FTP?? how about using
FTP to upload the jpegs? any input appreciated. thanks, Keith

sorry, forgot to add, using FRONTPAGE 2000

Ronx

Using FTP will corrupt the extensions. However, if you use a subweb and
only place images in it, then you can use FTP to upload the images. You
may corrupt the extensions in the subweb, but this will not affect any
other web or subweb, and since there are no pages in this subweb there
is nothing to go wrong on the pages.
--
Ron Symonds - Microsoft MVP (FrontPage)

http://www.rxs-enterprises.org/fp

FrontPage Support: http://www.frontpagemvps.com/

"(e-mail address removed)" <[email protected]>

vintage

Using FTP will corrupt the extensions. However, if you use a subweb and
only place images in it, then you can use FTP to upload the images. You
may corrupt the extensions in the subweb, but this will not affect any
other web or subweb, and since there are no pages in this subweb there
is nothing to go wrong on the pages.
--
Ron Symonds - Microsoft MVP (FrontPage)

http://www.rxs-enterprises.org/fp

FrontPage Support: http://www.frontpagemvps.com/

GREAT. when I delete the photos on my hard disk and then publish
using FTP will it automatically delete them the same way it does now?
in other words, will Front Page act the same in this new subweb? if
so, this may be the long sought after solution to some of my
problems. thanks Keith

Ronx

No. You will have to use a third party FTP client, such as WS-FTP.
FrontPage will attempt to use HTTP publishing. This can be a major
drawback if the images are changed frequently - especially if deleted
without replacement.
--
Ron Symonds - Microsoft MVP (FrontPage)

http://www.rxs-enterprises.org/fp

FrontPage Support: http://www.frontpagemvps.com/

"(e-mail address removed)" <[email protected]>

vintage

No. You will have to use a third party FTP client, such as WS-FTP.
FrontPage will attempt to use HTTP publishing. This can be a major
drawback if the images are changed frequently - especially if deleted
without replacement.
--
Ron Symonds - Microsoft MVP (FrontPage)

http://www.rxs-enterprises.org/fp

FrontPage Support: http://www.frontpagemvps.com/

almost 20,000 images on website, add, delete and change about 30 to 50
daily. so, I guess FTP will not be a solution. thanks for your
assistance. Keith

Thomas A. Rowe

Are you converting the folder(s) holding images into subwebs?

Thomas A. Rowe
Microsoft MVP - FrontPage

http://www.Ecom-Data.com

vintage

Are you converting the folder(s) holding images into subwebs?

Thomas A. Rowe
Microsoft MVP - FrontPage

http://www.Ecom-Data.com

I was going to convert some of the folders into a subweb for the
photos. but if I will not be able to delete them automatically, as
discussed in prior thread, will have to find other solution. thanks,
Keith