SWAT 4 Review

Reefsmoka

Cookie Monster
Reaction score
When I played the demo, I just had to get the full game. SWAT 4 is a tactical FPS based around the work that the average american swat team have to do and in the manner of which they do it. At fist looks you will probably think its just your basic FPS game, but as you progress through the training you realise how great this game can be, and how rewarding it can be when you play it right. You have a team of 4 other swat members which you can order around quite abit, making them cover certain areas, open locked doors, clear rooms or just provide back up. They become very useful to you when you get to the later levels, when it really starts to get difficult.

When you start a level 1st of all you get a very in depth breifing, telling you every single detail you will need to know about the mission your about to attempt. They tell you about hostages, all the entrances and exits of the buildings, detailed blueprints of the buildings and certain problems you might come across. You dont have to read the breifing if you dont fancy it, its all up to you. After the breifing you get to choose yours and the teams equipment, theres a variety of lethal and non-lethal weapons to choose from. You have your standard M16 assult rifle, shotgun, various sub-machine guns for the lethal take downs. You can choose the type of ammo you want for these weapons, choising either standard bullets or hollow tips. Then you have a non lethal shotgun which shoot bean bags out to stop the enemys and hopefully make them drop there weapons and co-operate. Also theres a paintball gun that is filled with pepper balls which will stop an enemy in his tracks unless he has a gas mask on. After you've chosen your primary weapon you can move onto secondary, which is only a choise of 2, a taser/stun gun or a pistol. Now its time to choose your other equipment, flash bangs, cs gas grenades, pepper spray or a stick with a mirror on so you can stick it under doors to see whos in the room (im sure theres a more technical term for it, but I forgot it). Now your ready to start the mission.

Missions are varied across all types of clever level design, from auto repair shops to night clubs. You will have objectives like "Rescue all civillians" or "Defuse all the bombs in time". When you come across an enemy, you can shout at him to drop his gun, if he doesnt do that, then you can try to stun him and arrest him or you can go for the easy route and kill him. When you arrest a suspect, you might have to give him abit of "stick" by spraying him with pepper spray or giving him a little shock with a stun gun once he's dropped his gun and got onto his knees, you can slap some handcuffs on him and carry on your duty.

Once you've finished a level you will be scored out of 100 points on your tactical descions i.e did you need to kill that terrorist or could you have arrested him? This add some replayablility to the game, as you might want to go back and perfect every level ;).

The graphics of this game are stunning from the detail put into the level to the realism of every character. The lighting is excellent too, which can help during gameplay.

Overall this game is a definate buy for any FPS fan, easy controls, plenty of gameplay to be had out of it and superb graphics i cant give it any less than 9/10.

Minmum PC Spec:
Windows 98/2000/XP
Pentium III 1GHz processor or AMD Athlon equivalent
256MB RAM
2GB hard disk space
64MB DirectX 9 compatible graphics card
DirectX 8.1 compatible sound card

I Say:
2Ghz P4 (or quivalent)
512MB Ram
9600XT/5700Ultra or above

Reaction score
Sounds like a good game Reef ... I'm buying it from Play.com now :D Thanx lol

Btw is it Multiplayer aswell or ... ?!

Reefsmoka

Cookie Monster
Reaction score
Yes, theres a very good online mode, plenty of levels, weapons and just all out madness.

Reaction score
Wicked already bought it ... should come in 2 days atleast since play.com are very good when it comes to delivery :)

So i'll let ya know ! Thanx again mate

Ask a Question