PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds - A Battle Royale Style Shooter.

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
https://www.playbattlegrounds.com/main.pu

http://store.steampowered.com/app/578080/

PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS is a last-man-standing shooter being developed with community feedback. Starting with nothing, players must fight to locate weapons and supplies in a battle to be the lone survivor. This realistic, high tension game is set on a massive 8x8 km island with a level of detail that showcases Unreal Engine 4's capabilities.

PLAYERUNKNOWN aka Brendan Greene, is a pioneer of the Battle Royale genre. As the creator of the Battle Royale game-mode found in the ARMA series and H1Z1 : King of the Kill, Greene is co-developing the game with veteran team at Bluehole to create the most diverse and robust Battle Royale experience to date

Our BATTLE ROYALE game-mode will put up to 100 players on a remote island for a winner-takes-all showdown where strategic gameplay is as important as shooting skills.
Players will enter a last-man-standing battle where they try to locate weapons, vehicles and supplies in a graphically and tactically rich battleground that eventually forces players into a shrinking play zone as they engage in a tense and spectacular fight to the death.

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
So I wouldn't normally go for either a BR style game or an early access title. However I took a punt on this last night after lots recommendations from other people.

Only played one round last night but I have to say I can see it being very good fun, especially with other on Discord/Teamspeak etc.

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
This is kinda fun.... I would imagine when its finished it will be great.

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
Things like this make me realise what an anti-social gamer I am... :lol:

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
This looks like a great version of what DayZ tried to do (kind of).

How stable/polished is the early access so far?

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Yeah the guy that runs it is the same guy that had a hand in Arma and H1Z1...

PLAYERUNKNOWN (Brendan Greene - Creative Director at Bluehole) is the pioneer of the Battle Royale genre.
From humble beginnings creating the Battle Royale game-mode on the ARMA series,
he went on to license his game-mode to Sony Online Entertainment (now Daybreak Games) for inclusion in their title H1Z1.

Now working as creative director on BATTLEGROUNDS,
he has finally the chance to create his own version of the game-mode which spawned a new genre in gaming.

“From when I first started making the Battle Royale game-mode in ARMA 2, I have always wanted to make a good game.
With Bluehole, and their philosophy of creating “well made” games,
I am confident that together we can create a great game.”

Its pretty good tbh, there's a couple of little bugs here and there, and I've seen it spaz out with a couple of funny glitches on YT vids etc. But all in all it seems pretty stable.

There's lots of updates, I just had the third update since getting it on Wednesday.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
This one is firmly on my radar then :D. I think I'll likely wait until it's out of early access though, otherwise I'll be done with it before the game is even finished!

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
This is coming to Xbox now for anyone interested.

Likewise you PC guys should really give it a go, its a great game!

Ask a Question