Surround Sound

G

I have an ATI All-in-Wonder graphics card and an ASUS main board with on-board sound and 5.1 VideoLogic speakers. When I play CDs or .mp3 files using Windows Media Player or play a DVD then the surround sound is OK. When I play the same CDs or .mp3 files using WinAmp the rear surround speakers have no output. With a different computer and an Audigy sound card and the same version (5) of WinAmp the same CDs or .mp3 files have a rear surround output OK. Any ideas?

G

Each application/media player such as WinAmp, Windows Media Player, Audig
have their own codecs/plugins. Thus the difference in output as far as speaker
goes. If you go online to each of the programs' manufacturers and downloa
their latest updates/drivers you should get sound from all your speakers in al
of the applications. Myself, I like Musicmatch Jukebox and have all the lates
drivers/plugins/codecs and with surround sound plus woofer, I'm in Heaven
Good luck, happy putering!

G

Just to clarify - WinAmp 5 works ok with CDs and .mp3 music but only with left, centre, right and bass speakers. Same music plays on all six speakers through Windows Media Player. On another computer using a Creative Audigy, WinAmp 5 and Windows Media Player and the same speakers all six speakers are live.
----- Douglas Hamilton wrote: ----

I have an ATI All-in-Wonder graphics card and an ASUS main board with on-board sound and 5.1 VideoLogic speakers. When I play CDs or .mp3 files using Windows Media Player or play a DVD then the surround sound is OK. When I play the same CDs or .mp3 files using WinAmp the rear surround speakers have no output. With a different computer and an Audigy sound card and the same version (5) of WinAmp the same CDs or .mp3 files have a rear surround output OK. Any ideas?

Ask a Question