Surround sound

Reaction score
Hey fellas,I was wondering if you could help me out,I've got a sony HTSL500 surround sound system and was wondering if it's possible to hook it up to a pc?Ive got a trust soundcard with optical input/output and all the relevent wires and stuff but cant seem to get any sound coming through,I suspect the sony surround sound aint compatible with a pc but thought I'd double check before I give up.Thanks.Dans

Reaction score
Hi mate thanks for replying,It has 2 optical inputs,not sure why it says it aint got any,I've got my xbox hooked up to 1 of the optical sockets,I was hoping to use the pc in the other 1.I've tried using the coaxial socket aswell but no luck.:( Any suggestions would be welcome,thanks.

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
You need to make sure all the setting in the menu of both sound card and your Sony are set correctly, I hope you have gone through the manual of your Sony which should clearly mention the connections as well as options available. No output from the coaxial means it is not enabled for output. No sound from Sony means it is not set to input in the menu.

Ask a Question