Trust Sound Card ????

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
So I read the review here and very nice reading it made too . So always open to good advice from folks wiser than meself I ordered one . Thats the

Trust *Optical* 5.1 Surround Sound Card

:o Took me 5 hours to fit it . Yeah I know I should have spotted the loose wire hidden away behind the floppt ide cable . Yeah I should have realised that was why the pc wouldn't fire up . Yeah I shouldn't have panicked . Anyways , finaly its fitted and the pc powers up .

So , I've got sound from all my 5 speakers , done all the checks ,mute buttons , speaker options , use this program ,right jacks in correct socket , etc. Everything is working and in good order , so says windows :rolleyes: .

So why does my microphone only work when I shout at the top of my voice . Worked fine before when I lounged back in me chair and chatted to folks on Skype .

Have I got a duff card ? Did I miss some small insignificant detail ?

Any bright ideas folks :confused:

Using XP Home SP2 :)

If you double click on the speaker icon in the system tray, then click "advanced" under Microphone, do you have the +20dB boost option enabled? It will probably be a software configuration problem I guess :)

Glad you got it installed ok :D

there will be a volume control in the software somewhere to turn it up, where it is i dont know but someone might

Easy peasy , Plug and Play :rolleyes:

+20db already done , all volumes set to max , all mutes unticked , I'm stumped .:(

Its a good mic , worked a treat before , no probs on my mini-disc either , picks up sound from over 15 feet clear as a bell . :(

Ta fer yer thoughts :)

I bought that soundcard. £20 right?

You havnt got a dud one. it is a cack soundcard in my opinion.

When i use ventrilo i lose all bass, and i have to set the ventrilo mic setting to the seccond - to - most - sensitive for it to automaticaly pick up my voice.

I dont know if you can do it on skype, but try using a push to talk button. that picks up ok for me.

and whats up with that software? outdated in about 1883 :P

Ay I reckon its a good sound card otherwise there wouldn't have been a review on here .

Well I can't get any sound at all using Windows Media player .

Windows sound recorder only picks up sound when I shout .

Daks Wave editor only picks up sound when I shout , plays back sound ok .

Power DVD plays sound on 2 speakers only .

I've tried with shop bought CD's and DVD's so it isn't the output .

Everything worked ok before the install . So I'm almost sure it must be some sort setting I haven't found or a conflict with resources or software :confused:
Blowed if I can figure out why W>Media Player won'y work though . :)

Well the card came with 3 cables . So I connected them from the pc tp the sub woofer . Front to front , rear to rear , c.sub to c.sub . Result sound from 2 speakers .

Took out , rear and c.sub cables on the sub woofer . Result , sound from 5 speakers and the sub woofer .

Mic works aswellas Windows Media Player .

All's well in the world . Whoopee . :thumb:

Why this is is beyond me . Have to read the instructions again .:D

i bought a set of £35 trust 5.1 speakers with it.

i get 5.1 on the computer fine, but when i put them on a dvd player it only works 5.1 if i only use the front speaker connector.

weird

Got a set that was bankrupt stock in a scruffy unopened box ,

VIDEO LOGIC 5.1 CHANNEL SPEAKER SYSTEM ZXR-500

for £5.11 hope they are ok . Waiting for them to arrive . The set I have on loan sound great compared with the twin desktop pc speakers . ;)

Back