5.1 surround sound help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hello PCR,

I am redoing my bedroom, and was considering setting up surround sound.

I have a set of Logitech X-530 speakers lying about in the garage...

I was wondering if I could connect these to my television and be able to watch television and films in surround sound.

I ask this because they are PC speakers and I am not sure if they will work in 5.1

If this will work, would my xbox 360 (connected via HDMI lead) work in 5.1 surround sound as well?

Cheers
GEO[font=arial,sans-serif][size=-1]
[/size][/font]

Reaction score
It is pretty new, no more than a year or two old. I'm not 100% sure.

It's an LG HD tv ... i'l find out the model tomorow (Im off to sleep now!)

I wouldn't know what the 5.1 outputs look like????

Reaction score
Hello,

The make of the TV is ... LG 26LX2R

I had a look at the back, and it looks like there are sockets for the back speakers, there were 2 on there own saying 'variable right and variable left'

Reaction score
Okay, i had a look at the television and played around with the speakers with it...

It seems I can only get sound with only 2 speakers at a time, are there any adapters I can buy so that all 5 will work?

Or would I be better of cutting my losses and splashing out on a 5.1 surround sound dvd player or something and connecting the TV through that?

Regards
Geo

GSX

Reaction score
What you need is a 5.1 amplifier to decode the output from your dvd player . This could be a system where the decoder is built in to the speakers, usually the subwoofer, or a standalone amp which you could use your own speakers with. I'm not sure that many films are broadcast on tv in 5.1. I think your x-box doubles up as a dvd player and has a 5.1 decoder built in, are there six jack plug sockets in the back? If so this may be a good option.

Reaction score
Hey Buddy,

Not meaning to be the angel of doom, but based on what you have explained, I think it would be probably cheaper to buy a cheap dvd surround unit, and there are some really good ones availible at very cheap prices via Ebay, and by cheap I mean about the 30 pound mark if that's within your budget, and I bought a Panasonic SC500 about 18 months ago, and for the money it is truly awesome, and I have a simple adaptor that allows me to play it through the internet also. Take care and be well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Question