Suddenly unable to access secondary drive. Info provided in post. Please help?

Reaction score
SOLVED:Suddenly unable to access secondary drive. Info provided in post. Please help?

Hello
( I'm wondering if the info provided toward the end of the post is more relevant?)
Since this morning, one of my harddrives ( labelled G ) is seemingly unwilling to allow me to access it.
Basic specs: Win XP Professional. Drive G is NTFS, local drive. 115GB disk with about 9 and a half GIG free space. Mainly used as storage for files and not access to programs.
ITE Disk Array 1 SCSI Disk Device
Device Type: Disk Drives
Manufacturer: (Standard disk drives)
(says the device is working properly)
Disk: Disk 2
Type: Basic
Partition Style: Master Boot Record (MBR)
Capacity: 114494 MB
Unallocated Space: 0 MB
Reserved Space: 0 MB
Driver version: 5.1.2535.0

What happens when i double click to access drive G:
Computer tends to freeze up.
Get this in the explorer report ;
AppName: explorer.exe AppVer: 6.0.2900.2180 ModName: divx.dll
ModVer: 1.0.0.1 Offset: 0002d30f

Also something about Dr.Watson Post Mortem Debugger failure.

I have no idea what this is, although i can only assume it's some kind of error fixing program i must have installed many moons ago and have forgotten.
In my admin tools, event viewer (System section), i found these 2 error reports from today:
07/02/2008 Source: Service Control Manager
Time: 10:58:02 Category: None
Type: Error Event ID: 7000
The ICF service failed to start due to the following error:
The system cannot find the file specified.

The other error, which states occurred at the same time is the same description, except it lists the UPnPDevService as failing, rather than the ICF Service.

Also, in the Event viewer (Application section), i found this error:

(As above, except...) Source: Application Error
Category: None
Type: Error Event ID: 1000
Faulting application explorer.exe, version 6.0.2900.2180, faulting module divx.dll, version 1.0.0.1, fault address 0x0002d30f.

Source: Application Error
Category (100)
Type: Error Event ID: 1000
Faulting application drwtsn32.exe, version 5.1.2600.0, faulting module dbghelp.dll, version 5.1.2600.2180, fault address 0x0001295d.

Could this Dr. Watson application be causing this problem? Or could it be due to wear and tear on the Harddrive, as it's pretty old now. My PC recognises that the drive is there and i can right click on it to bring up the option to explore the drive ect... but this only causes the same crash to happen. Once i click on drive G to access it, it does show the contents, folders ect...but then freezes until windows gives me the above errors.

Is there anyone to maybe help me, if there is a solution at all?
If you need any more info from the error reports or anything like that, just ask, but i hope i have listed relevant information already, to help out.

Thanks, if you can help me!

MORE INFO: If this is any help? There are files that are zipped up on my 'G' Drive. If i open WinRAR and then find said files through that, i can access them and unzip them with no problem whatsoever. Hmmm... Files may be ok at the moment? Certain ones anyway ?

Last edited:
Reaction score
FIXED straight away!

Well....y'know, Me_2001....I did as you stated.

It worked!

You sir/madam are a superstar.
Thankyou for not only fixing it with no hassle, but fixing it within minutes of me posting my problem. Fantastic!

Just one more question...i'm assuming it's ok to re-install Divx again now or is that going to cause a problem do you think ?

Me__2001

Internet Junkie
Reaction score
i dunno if it cause a problem again, it shouldn't but you know how to fix it if it does

Reaction score
Application error repair

hi

i was wodering if u can help me. how do i fix application errors such explorer.exe, logon.exe etc aplication errors that pops up when my computer logon. it really frastrates me. i tryed to using registry repair softwares it doesnt help.

thanks

Ask a Question