Stubborn email won't delete

colonel1944

For some unknown reason, received a "jumk" email (same one) in both my junk
email folder & my regular inbox. Was able to empty my junk email folder
successfully, but it will not delete from my inbox. Every attempt results in
dialogue box message: "unknown error has occurred". Any help would be very
much appreciated. Thanks.

colonel1944 said:
For some unknown reason, received a "jumk" email (same one) in both my
junk
email folder & my regular inbox. Was able to empty my junk email folder
successfully, but it will not delete from my inbox. Every attempt results
in
dialogue box message: "unknown error has occurred". Any help would be
very
much appreciated. Thanks.

Download and install this hotfix, with Windows Mail not running:

Although it's labelled as for mail stuck in the Outbox, it also works in
other folders. If you don't know whether you have a 32-bit version
of Vista or a 64-bit version, try the hotfix for the 32-bit version first.
Certain common antivirus programs, such as most of those from
Norton or McAfee, tend to cause stuck messages and other problems
in Windows Mail, although seldom immediately, so if you have such a
program, remember where to find the hotfix and hope it will install
again if you need it again. A recent version of the Trend antivirus
program also causes assorted problems in Windows Mail.

colonel1944

Excellent guidence, Steve. It worked just as you said. Thank you very much!
David (aka colonel1944)

Ernesto Paulo da Silva Nunes

colonel1944 said:
For some unknown reason, received a "jumk" email (same one) in both my junk
email folder & my regular inbox. Was able to empty my junk email folder
successfully, but it will not delete from my inbox. Every attempt results in
dialogue box message: "unknown error has occurred". Any help would be very
much appreciated. Thanks.

"Ernesto Paulo da Silva Nunes" <Ernesto Paulo da Silva

Download and install this hotfix, with Windows Mail not running:

Although it's labelled as for mail stuck in the Outbox, it also works in
other folders. If you don't know whether you have a 32-bit version
of Vista or a 64-bit version, try the hotfix for the 32-bit version first.
Certain common antivirus programs, such as most of those from
Norton or McAfee, tend to cause stuck messages and other problems
in Windows Mail, although seldom immediately, so if you have such a
program, remember where to find the hotfix, and hope it will install
again if you need it again. A recent version of the Trend antivirus
program also causes assorted problems in Windows Mail.

DeWitch

As I had said before but my post was mainly ignored - the way to get rid of a
message that is "stuck" in a particular folder is to move all the messages
you want to keep into another folder and then delete the folder the "stuck"
message is in - it works every time.

Wrote that way back when I first tried the Vista "upgrade" that I received
for my new PC that came with XP (early 2007) - went back to XP after about 3
days of Vista nonsense. But here I am back in Vista again since recently had
a problem with the PC and could not get the reformat to XP to work - could
only start it with the Vista upgrade disk - I have not given up trying to get
my beloved XP back though.