Stretching an image 100% in a table cell, distorts the image

E

Eric G

Windows XPP SP2
FrontPage 2003 (Office 2003 Pro) SP2

Is it possible to insert a barcode image (a barcode with the bars arranged horizontally) in a table cell and stretch that image horizontally to full page width (100%) without distortion?

My question is prompted by a situation where I have a barcode image and when I insert this image in to a cell that is sized in width to 100% and in height to image height 100 px, and set the image/picture width to 100% of screen width, I get a distortion both on both sides of the image of approximately 5% (estimated) on each side (at the margins) of the cell, while the center part of the image is displayed correctly.

I also created a new image (50x50 px) in Photoshop CS2, with a few horizontal bars, inserted this into a table cell that is 100% wide, and 50 px high, and get exactly the same result. Distortions at both margins, being approximately 5% of the full width. When I create another image and just fill this image with 1 single color, the image stretches to the full width without problems.

Any ideas, or solutions?

Best regards,

Eric G,
Stockholm, Sweden

E

E. T. Culling

NO, you can't stretch images.
Windows XPP SP2

Is it possible to insert a barcode image (a barcode with the bars arranged horizontally) in a table cell and stretch that image horizontally to full page width (100%) without distortion?

My question is prompted by a situation where I have a barcode image and when I insert this image in to a cell that is sized in width to 100% and in height to image height 100 px, and set the image/picture width to 100% of screen width, I get a distortion both on both sides of the image of approximately 5% (estimated) on each side (at the margins) of the cell, while the center part of the image is displayed correctly.

I also created a new image (50x50 px) in Photoshop CS2, with a few horizontal bars, inserted this into a table cell that is 100% wide, and 50 px high, and get exactly the same result. Distortions at both margins, being approximately 5% of the full width. When I create another image and just fill this image with 1 single color, the image stretches to the full width without problems.

Any ideas, or solutions?

Best regards,

Eric G,
Stockholm, Sweden

M

Murray

You could only do that if you made the image a Flash image.

--
Murray
============

Windows XPP SP2

Is it possible to insert a barcode image (a barcode with the bars arranged
horizontally) in a table cell and stretch that image horizontally to full
page width (100%) without distortion?

My question is prompted by a situation where I have a barcode image and when
I insert this image in to a cell that is sized in width to 100% and in
height to image height 100 px, and set the image/picture width to 100% of
screen width, I get a distortion both on both sides of the image of
approximately 5% (estimated) on each side (at the margins) of the cell,
while the center part of the image is displayed correctly.

I also created a new image (50x50 px) in Photoshop CS2, with a few
horizontal bars, inserted this into a table cell that is 100% wide, and 50
px high, and get exactly the same result. Distortions at both margins, being
approximately 5% of the full width. When I create another image and just
fill this image with 1 single color, the image stretches to the full width
without problems.

Any ideas, or solutions?

Best regards,

Eric G,
Stockholm, Sweden

E

Eric G

Ok ET, thanks for the reply.

Best regards,

Eric G,
Stockholm, Sweden
NO, you can't stretch images.
Windows XPP SP2

Any ideas, or solutions?

Best regards,

Eric G,
Stockholm, Sweden

E

Eric G

Hello Murray,

A flash image would obviously be one solution, and a good one at that.

Thanks a lot.

Best regards,

Eric G
Stocholm, Sweden

Ask a Question