Streaming PC to TV

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

Im looking to stream my movies and music from my PC to my TV wirelessly but not sure what would the best peice of equipment for this would be? I have seen reviews but most are 2 years old, just wondering if anyone could help

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Well, that's a coincidence isn't it?

I just happened to be e-mailed by DivX yesterday and today somebody asks about something that this (link) product does.

Well I never.

Reaction score
Whats the cheapest way of doing this? Can you connect the pc tower to the tv using a cable? If so, which one? And are you able to use the mouse still and navigate around on the tv screen? Wireless looks good but expensive at the moment.

Thanks,

Nathan

Me__2001

Internet Junkie
Reaction score
kingnathski88 said:
Whats the cheapest way of doing this? Can you connect the pc tower to the tv using a cable? If so, which one? And are you able to use the mouse still and navigate around on the tv screen? Wireless looks good but expensive at the moment.

Thanks,

Nathan

i hook my PC up to my tv using an S-video and 3.5mm audio to Scart cable, cost about £5 from 1001cables.com and works fine for films but its not even worth trying to use as a monitor, i can't even read the desktop icons or start menu

i am however using an old CRT tv, if you have a new HDTV you'll prob find it has a load of different inputs, sone even have VGA or DVI

Reaction score
I used my xbox by connecting it up to the router

it is some distance from my desktop and the video was slow and choppy
even though my network connection was very good and close to excellent

the best way I always still beleive in is a WIRED connection not wireless. I will make sure when I make my house in the future I will make sure I have lots of RJ45 Sockets around the house and have a good wired connection all over.

Me__2001

Internet Junkie
Reaction score
kingnathski88 said:
Hi. So how do you choose what to watch off the pc if you cannot see the icons very well?

i use a program called media portal, i use it to index all of my TV shows and films then i can browse thhrough my collection using the remote i have

Ask a Question