connecting pc to tv via s video

Reaction score
hi. i have a windows vista pc with a nvidia 7600 gt. i have a westinghouse flat panel tv and i would like to use that as a monitor. i would like to connect it with s video. however my pc does not have s video. i was wondering if i could just get a converter for my video card and then just connect the tv to the pc? would that work fine?

Reaction score
There is an article here which should help you to decide if it is possible or desirable

http://www.howtodothings.com/electronics/a3543-how-to-use-your-tv-as-a-computer-monitor.html

My own experience in this direction is with televisions which were already set up for computer connection (i.e. had VGA inputs) and even then the results were not brilliant: for example with a standard definition (1024 x 768) widescreen TV the pixels were too wide and everything appears too fat; on another TV, this time high definition, despite the dedicated inputs and using the settings in the TV manual the computer screen flickered and was essentially unusable. In the end I gave up and bought a 22inch monitor (which is absolutely fantastic)

Reaction score
unless your tv has vga input, don't bother.

s-video is only good enough for watching video from pc, but absolutely useless as the pc monitor. you won't be able to read anything on the screen properly.

Ask a Question