Strange screen tearing...

Reaction score
I've been noticing some screen tearing on my computer for a while now, the odd part of it, is what it affects.

I get slight screen tearing when I move windows side to side, even if very slowly.

I am also getting screen tearing on Videos, but ONLY streaming videos I watch online like on youtube, If I download the video and watch the downloaded version no tearing...

Also getting slight screen tearing when scrolling up or down a webpage.

I am also getting screen tearing in windowed games, absolutely no tearing what so ever if the games are full screen but if they are windowed, I get some tearing moving the camera side to side.

V-Sync is Forced on.

Graphics Card: GeForce 8600GT (Little over a month old) also notice the same issue with my old 7300LE

Driver Version: 169.21

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
Well, actually that ain't usually the graphics card/driver problem, though I won't rule it out ... I've seen it more on low spec' PC with Celeron CPUs & only 512Mb ram, or less.

That is, if my interpretation of screen tearing is the same as yours. :D

V-Sync is Forced on.
Why? Do you have a CRT monitor? What refresh rate is the monitor set at? What is the screen resolution?

;)

Reaction score
Flat screen monitor like that of a Laptop.

Resolution = 1024x768
Refresh Rate is 70 Hertz (other options include, 60, 72, and 75, screen gets blurry if it's above 70 though.)

Forced on because if it's not I get tearing during full screen when playing games.

I am using 1 gig of Ram and have 2 Intel Pentium D CPU 2.80GHz

Last edited:

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
whats the monitor response time?

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
its speed in ms, if you dont know that give me the make and model number. :)

Reaction score
All I know about my monitor is it's a standard Plug and Play Dell monitor, not sure if that helps at all.

Reaction score
Are you still having problems?

We are unable to help until you let us know the Model no. So that we can look into this further for you.

It might be a slight defect in the screen I dont know but it might be.

wizkid

Reaction score
Only numbers I see on the back of my monitor are the numbers on the bar code sticker, would that be what you're referring to?

Reaction score
Hello,

Thank you for you post.

I dont think its the right numbers but it might be worth posting them on here any way to see if we can help you. Do you have a digital camera if so then you could take a pictures of the back of the mointor with the numbers on it and post it here and we will take a look for you.

I hope this information helps you.

wizkid

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
Funnily enough that software I sugested earlier might be able to give you all the pc spec info you need .

user.gif

Attachments

• 2008-03-03_173220.png
    2008-03-03_173220.png
    43.6 KB · Views: 83

Ask a Question