Strange Credit Card Statement 2

nivrip

Yorkshire Cruncher
Reaction score
Got my statement today and found an entry which means nothing to me. Most entries are shops, filling stations etc but this one was a website address which I have never heard of. It is the web address of a company that sells electrical goods and I have had nothing new for months. Worrying :mad: .

It was dated 12 April and there have been no more dodgy entries since then. I can recall giving card details over the phone a couple of weeks before that for a holiday I have booked. Maybe someone there has used my details but I always thought that the details would be used repeatedly and very quickly before being discovered. Unless, of course, it's just someone giving it a try and hoping it wouldn't be noticed.

I rang customer services who took details and said that it would be investigated and I would hear something within 14 days. They also said that I could continue using the card :eek: but I asked them to cancel it and send a replacement. Strange that, as I thought that they would want to avoid any further misuse - I thought they would have done it automatically.

Anyone else had similar problems and,if so, what happened?

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I know a few people that have had similar problems, but as you've used a credit card you shouldn't be liable for any fraud under normal circumstances. I'm surprised they haven't cancelled it too - you'd think that's the first thing they'd do!

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
How much was the strange amount for ?

user.gif

Reaction score
Did ther bank not offer to track it down for you ?? Seems a little alright....should they not show a little more interest ?? I'd get back onto them and see if they have got anywhere yet.....it could happen again while theyre twiddling.......good luck man.
Zzzzz

Ask a Question