Strange and very weird problem - IE6(Win) gets detected as Mozilla(Linux)

Rajesh M Kanneganti

I have no idea why this is occuring. I have just finished a clean install of
Windows XP Pro w/SP1 w/Rollup update and next I know that my browser is
being detected by websites as Mozilla(Linux). Yahoo's Launchcast says
Netscape 6 is not supported. Macromedia will not allow me to download the
Windows version of their flash player. Instead it prompts me to download the
Linux version for Mozilla. There is no Netscape in my system or is there any
trace of Mozilla related stuff in my system. I'm confused as to why this is
happening. The version of IE I'm using is 6.0.2800.1106.xpsp2.030422-1633.
The only other software in my system is MS Office and Adobe Acrobat.

Can someone help me sort of this really weird problem?

Thanks

Raj

Daniel F. Van Der Werken, Jr. [MS]

Using NOTEPAD.EXE, create a new file: Copy and paste this into it:

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet
Settings]
"User Agent"="Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Win32)"

Name it UAS.REG and double-click it. Allow it to make the change. That
should fix the problem.