Stop 5 services,then could not enter windows

Rabbit

I just reinstalled my computer yesterday,
and I want it run faster by stopping some services,
so I do last night.
For every service, I stopped it and change to manual.

This morning, I boot the machine,
when the windows 2000 logo showed,it's dead.
The pic is still without a little change.
the status bar stopped at about 2/3.

That 4 services I stopped are:
1,Automatic Updates
2,Distributed Link Tracking Client
3,Protected Storage
4,Remote Registry Service

now I can only enter the "Security mode",
but can not start the 4 services listed above.
Such error message is showed as:
"Could not start *** service at localsystem
error 1077: No attempt to load service after last start."

*Vanguard*

"Rabbit" said in news:[email protected]:
I just reinstalled my computer yesterday,
and I want it run faster by stopping some services,
so I do last night.
For every service, I stopped it and change to manual.

This morning, I boot the machine,
when the windows 2000 logo showed,it's dead.
The pic is still without a little change.
the status bar stopped at about 2/3.

That 4 services I stopped are:
1,Automatic Updates
2,Distributed Link Tracking Client
3,Protected Storage
4,Remote Registry Service

now I can only enter the "Security mode",
but can not start the 4 services listed above.
Such error message is showed as:
"Could not start *** service at localsystem
error 1077: No attempt to load service after last start."

Without doing a lot of hunting through support.microsoft.com, my first guess
would be to see if you can boot into Safe Mode, configure Protected Storage
back to Automatic mode, and reboot into normal mode to see if you can now
login normally.

Rabbit

"Rabbit" said in news:033701c3de41$fd083580 [email protected]: start."

Without doing a lot of hunting through
support.microsoft.com, my first guess
would be to see if you can boot into Safe Mode, configure Protected Storage
back to Automatic mode, and reboot into normal mode to see if you can now
login normally.

It doesn't work.

Maybe I should give more information about my machine.
Cerelon 700MH, 128 ram,30G
Windows 2000 + SP4,all devices installed OK.
installed: Intel Application Accelerator 2.3

*Vanguard*

"Rabbit" said in news:[email protected]:
support.microsoft.com, my first guess

It doesn't work.

Maybe I should give more information about my machine.
Cerelon 700MH, 128 ram,30G
Windows 2000 + SP4,all devices installed OK.
installed: Intel Application Accelerator 2.3

"It doesn't work." WHAT doesn't work? Do you mean that you cannot boot
into Safe Mode? Or that Safe Mode is not an option on the boot menu? Or
that you can select Safe Mode, Windows begins to load, and then it hangs
(just like in normal bootup)?

Tried booting from the Windows CD to use its Repair function to see if it
will reenable the critical services you screwed up?