Still no SP1

Paula

I still can't get SP1 through WU.
Weren't they going to have some of the driver reinstallation issues fixed by
now?
TIA

TaurArian

Windows Vista Service Pack 1 is not available for installation from Windows Update and is
not offered by Automatic Updates:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/948343

How to obtain the release notes for Windows Vista Service Pack 1
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/936330

How to obtain the latest Windows Vista service pack
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/935791/

Windows Vista Service Pack 1 (SP1) - 434.5 MB
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...6d-5ebb-413b-89c9-cb3d06d12674&DisplayLang=en
Windows6.0-KB936330-X86-wave0.exe

Windows Vista Service Pack 1 for Windows Vista 64-bit (Size: 726.5MB)
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...4B-32B2-41CC-BD8B-D71EDA5EC07C&displaylang=en
Windows6.0-KB936330-X64-wave0.exe

Windows Vista Service Pack 1 - All Language Standalone DVD ISO
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...FamilyID=a45652b1-e838-420a-b065-83960458e2ec
6001.18000.080118-1840_iso_client_sp_wave1-FRMCSP1_DVD.iso - 1418.1 MB

Things to know before you download Windows Vista SP1
http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/windowsvista/bb968859.aspx

--

TaurArian [MVP] 2005-2008 - Update Services
http://taurarian.mvps.org

|I still can't get SP1 through WU.
| Weren't they going to have some of the driver reinstallation issues fixed by
| now?
| TIA

Paula

Thank you for your response but what I am asking is when will it be offered
the normal way? Just through WU? I don't want to force something it
doesn't allow me in the first place. It was my understanding that it would
be offered to all to had been previously denied once the driver
reinstallation issues were resolved. I see a thread from an MVP further
down that it would be offered on April 18. I am still denied. Anyone know?
TIA
paula

Clara Cagigal

Neither do i. I cannot see the sp1 in windows update. I have a hp laptop
copmpaq 6720s with vista home premium 32 bits. Following the recommendations
read in the forums, i went to the update driver page of hp for my laptop and
my operating sustem. I downloaded 8 drivers, for the synaptics touchpad, for
the chipset, for the analog sound device, for ligthscribe, for the intel
graphics, for ethernet adapter, for wireless modem, all of them more recent
than i had. I installed them , and when i did, the compatibility assistant
program for vista said to me that the drivers were not compatible and that
one of them, the chipset one, didn´t fit the minimum requirements¿¿¿¿¿?????.
So I restored my system to a previous point with my old drivers. When i
tried to update the drivers with the device administrator, it says that i
have the more recent ones for my computer. But the sp1 is not shown for me
in windows update. I would like to know what is the problem. How is it
possible that in hp update page the published drivers for windows vista home
premium 32 bits are not compatible with windows vista?, where is the
mistake?
Regards, Clara