Steel Series Mouse mat cleaning

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
I have two of these Link and I know V_R has one as well.

A while ago in a thread I can't find now V_R wondered what the cleaner was that impregnated the cleaning cloth that came with the mat.

Wizkid identified the smell through clues I gave as 3-in-1 oil.

This is just to let peeps know that if they do own this mat, the 3-in-1 oil is quite ok to remoisten your cleaning cloth.

My cloths had gone dry so today I dripped several drops of 3-in-1 all over one cleaning cloth and cleaned my mouse mat.

I did have misgivings and was a liitle worried but it done the job superbly on both mats.

So, 3-in-1 oil safe to use as a cleaner on Steel Series Mouse Mat. I'm fairly sure it's what they use on the cleaning cloth when it's initially supplied.

I'd also gamble that WD40 cleaning cloths would work well, though haven't tried one yet.

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Great timing as i was just wondering this the other day. :)

My cloths went dry ages ago and have been meaning to look into this, i remember the thread about the oil, (though i thought it was ME__2001, but no matter)

So its all good is it? May have to pick some up soon and give it a go. :)

Me__2001

Internet Junkie
Reaction score
It does ring a bell, can't remember the thread exactly but 3 in 1 does have pretty unique smell to it so you'll soon know if that's what it was

Had a quick search for the thread as well, seems that no matter what i search for i only get 50 search results, even looking for all the threads started by V_R i only get 50 :confused: Ian may be able to shed some light on why that's happening

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Was it you who identied the mystery cleaning agent me_2001?

It may well have been, senility kicking in for me ;)

I couldn't find the thread no matter what I put in the forum search engine.