Bargain [Steam] Payday 2 - 5 million free copies being given away.

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
http://store.steampowered.com/app/218620/PAYDAY_2/

Any Steam user can download a free copy of Payday 2 right now, and the game will be theirs forever, courtesy of a special offer from publisher Starbreeze Studios.

The multiplayer shooter is available free for a limited time — the deal will expire either on June 21, or when the total of free downloads reaches 5 million, whichever comes first. The offer is a way to get a free copy of another product: the upcoming Payday VR, which will be free for anyone who owns Payday 2 on Steam.
https://www.polygon.com/2017/6/8/15765330/payday-2-free-steam

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Good deal!

I have to admit, that I never got in to PayDay 2 - I played it a few times, but it never clicked. I've been meaning to go back to it for a while, so now that the community will be a lot larger, now may be the time :).

@Abarbarian - this game runs on Linux too :thumb:.

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
Trouble is I do not have 35 GB free on my W7 gaming set up and do not have Steam set up on my new Arch. I guess I could download to my MX-16 but that would only give me a linux version or would it. Hmmm the yorkshire man in me is tempted :rolleyes:

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
You could always claim it in Steam now, but not download it yet - then when space frees up, download it in future :).

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Thanks for the heads up V_R, installing it now.

Must admit though I never got into Payday 1, a very frustrating game, but I just can't say no to a freebie :D

EvanDavis

Silly Fool
Reaction score
Thanks for the heads up. Never played the game before, but as it's free it would be rude not to download it :cheers:

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
You could always claim it in Steam now, but not download it yet - then when space frees up, download it in future :).

This. Just claim it now and install it when you like.

Also you know you can choose your install directory now right? I'v e got some of my Steam games (PUBG for example) installed on my SSD.

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
This. Just claim it now and install it when you like.

Also you know you can choose your install directory now right? I'v e got some of my Steam games (PUBG for example) installed on my SSD.

Grand. I thought you had to download it straight away.

Yup knew about the different drives for Steam. So far I have filled up almost me C drive and have D + E ssd's almost filled too. Guess I'll either have to buy another ssd or do some game managment.
hysterical.gif

Trouble is with these latest games they take up 30 to 50 GB's :rolleyes:

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
Have this qued at Steam. Thanks for the tip and heads up folks.:cool:

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Well, not wishing to appear ungrateful but,,, I didn't like Payday 1 and I now know I don't like Payday 2.

More of the same frustrating gameplay which involves a lot of stealth...die...start again...die...start again...die... same old, same old...getting annoyed...die...punch something...gaaaaah!

Ask a Question