Bargain StarBurn v.12

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
http://www.giveawayoftheday.com/starburn-v12/

StarBurn is a powerful tool for grabbing, burning and mastering CD, DVD, Blu-Ray and HD-DVD media. StarBurn supports all types of optical storage media (including CD-R/RW, DVD-R/RW, DVD+R/RW, Dual layer DVD-R & DVD+R, BD-R/RE, HD-DVD-R/RW and DVD-RAM) as well as a wide variety of burning hardware. StarBurn is easy to learn and to use. In addition to advanced DVD authoring and mastering features StarBurn offers a number of step-by-step wizards for novice users.

New features of StarBurn v.12

• Now Windows 7 is supported.
  • Burn Data Wizard: extended with full UDF support, Drag&Drop support and expert mode for advanced users.
  • Burn Audio Wizard: fixed long adding compressed files; extended with Drag&Drop support and expert mode for advanced users.
  • Compress Audio Wizard: now can be compressed a few files for one wizard passage; extended with Drag&Drop support.
  • and more
Pay attention to POST 1 in the comments section on the download page.

user.gif

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
ouch ... :rolleyes:
Warning, danger Will Robinson, danger: Before installing todays giveaway, be warned that it comes with an unexpected “bonus”.

If you accept the default options during installation you will get a toolbar (called Star Search).

While I am not against developers making money - I would hope that they do it through increased sales because their product is good, not because they sneak a toolbar into their install and disguise it’s presence by giving it an obscure name.

Then when the user notices that their browser has been screwed with and asks why did you install this stuff - they respond “Because you don’t unselect check box Install SkyMediaPack on StarBurn installation page:”. That’s right… it’s YOUR FAULT.

So make sure you follow the installation instructions in the StarBurn forums if you don’t want to have your browser settings changed and a new parasite toolbar added to your system.

Don’t install “SkyMediaPack” (which is a code word for “change home page and install unwanted toolbar). It’s one thing to ‘read instructions’ it’s another to ‘invent a name’ and provide no further information as to whether it is an unwanted optional extra - or a useful part of the product.

A description explaining what was being installed (including the words “optional toolbar” and “replace default seach engine”) would be appreciated by many users who didn’t intuitively know what “SkyMediaPack” was. The choice to install SkyMediaPack should be opt-in and not set to install by default.

RocketDivision - the first impression a potential customer has of your product and company is your Install process. How did you rate?
... and on that note, you know what you can do with the software. :wave:

I'll stick with my FREE copy of Ashampoo :thumb:

:user:

Reaction score
I spotted that as i was about to install and i unchecked the boxes.
I didnt think anymore about and just carried on with stuff.
Later on as i was nosing about i noticed that the stuff i unchecked was still installed. However, the installers needed to be ran before they became active. Nevertheless they were still installed....not a nice move on the company's behalf.....i will just delete these exe's and post a snotty comment on GAOTD.
Zzzzz

Ask a Question