SQL Server Compact Ed

H

Harry Simpson

Ginny,

Really not meaning to be a Pita here, but my
Microsoft SQL Server Compact Edition directory only has a v.3.1 directory
and then Docs and SDK subdirectories under that.

I had followed this proc to install mobile (3.0)

1. Run Sqlce30setupen.msi from the <drive>:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL
Server\90\Tools\Binn\VSShell\Common7\IDE folder

2. Run ConnWiz30.exe from the Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Mobile
Edition\Server folder.

Course the ConnWiz30.exe was located in the Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Mobile
Edition\Server folder and SSCE3.1 doesn't have a sever or sync folder.

Do I not have this installed correctly??

Harry

G

Ginny Caughey [MVP]

Harry,

Don't worry about asking questions. I'm just sorry that I don't always know
the answers!

Does your setup work as it did with SQL Mobile. Can you connect correctly to
the virtual directory?

H

Harry Simpson

I really don't know...I'm having issues with the runtime (debug to device) with my "upgraded" to CF2 VS2005 app.
So I'm trying to get all the latest greatest installed first so I can then troubleshoot the upgraded runtime problems.

Getting the ouptput on compile of:
Consider app.config remapping of assembly "System.Drawing, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=969db8053d3322ac, Retargetable=Yes" from Version "1.0.5000.0" [] to Version "2.0.0.0" [C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\SmartDevices\SDK\CompactFramework\2.0\v2.0\WindowsCE\System.Drawing.dll] to solve conflict and get rid of warning.

Get this whenever I try to add a reference to Symbol.DLL or other third party DLLs in VS2005. Don't know whether this has anything to do with the debug runtime problem but when I try to run the app in debug to the device I get a very weird error:

Description: Referenced package not found File: Device Connectivity Component

I have no idea what this is all about. As a developer there are weeks when everything fits together....other weeks there's a lot of bleeding....this is one of my bleeding weeks ;-)

Appreciate all your help Ginny!!

Harry

G

Ginny Caughey [MVP]

Harry,

I've never seen that message as far as I know. I'd try resetting the device.

--
Ginny Caughey
Device Application Development MVP

I really don't know...I'm having issues with the runtime (debug to device) with my "upgraded" to CF2 VS2005 app.
So I'm trying to get all the latest greatest installed first so I can then troubleshoot the upgraded runtime problems.

Consider app.config remapping of assembly "System.Drawing, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=969db8053d3322ac, Retargetable=Yes" from Version "1.0.5000.0" [] to Version "2.0.0.0" [C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\SmartDevices\SDK\CompactFramework\2.0\v2.0\WindowsCE\System.Drawing.dll] to solve conflict and get rid of warning.

Get this whenever I try to add a reference to Symbol.DLL or other third party DLLs in VS2005. Don't know whether this has anything to do with the debug runtime problem but when I try to run the app in debug to the device I get a very weird error:

I have no idea what this is all about. As a developer there are weeks when everything fits together....other weeks there's a lot of bleeding....this is one of my bleeding weeks ;-)

Harry

G

Graham McKechnie

Harry,

Sounds like a normal message when you upgrade a CF1 app to CF2. You are still refering to the CF1.0 dlls - check the properties for each dll reference to see where they are pointing at and change them to the CF2 equivelents.

Also sounds like you need later stuff from Symbols SDK. I've never used Symbol, so I'm guessing on that one. The app.config would take care of the warning, but its easier just to reference the correct dlls.

Graham

Harry

Ask a Question