Spysheriff Nightmare - Please Help

Reaction score
Hi

I have the dreaded sheriff again, it really winds me up this, i have better things to do than try for ages to clean my PC up after these T*SSERS send this stuff out, they want putting down!!!

Anyway rant over.

I have done all the usual stuff, had Spysweeper telling me it had found it, removed, then had MS ASW telling me it was there and i removed, Spybot is now running, NAV was upto date and is now running, so the system is pretty well protected, I thought, I have a firewall etc running too!

Checked the registry, no sign of it there, however, i still have that annoying blue screen with the poxy warning on it, when i go to 'Display' to change the desktop wallpaper, this thing has frozen everything up.

Is there a way of getting rid of the wallpaper without doing a system restore??

Cheers in anticipation

Lee

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
I reiterate ME_2001s comment ...

I'll also add ... do not use system restore, I would suggest turning off system restore ... restart in safe mode, run all you can throw at the little bugger ... restart and run 'em all again ... then reset system restore.

You will probably loose ALL restore points but if the little nasty is hiding in there the last thing you want to do is a restore.

Failing that ... back-up all your data and do a "clean install" of the system. :(

Reaction score
Hi

The results for the rest of the scans came in, not found, ran Spybot, this picked up the 'Active Desktop', so removed this, on re-boot my original screen came back!
Was going to go down the 'Safe Mode' route following this as wanted to avoid a system restore even though there were restore points available.

Cheers for now

Lee

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
Reaction score
Cheers Muckshifter

Like i said its clean again now, but will save these links for future reference!!

Thanks

Lee

I feel sorry for all those out there that are pretty new to all this, having that thing on your PC for more that 1 hr is extremely annoying!!!! I'd be throwing it out of the window, mind you thats what they want these spysheriff low-lifes

Lee

Ask a Question