Outlook Spell check problems Outlook 2003 - HELP!!!

Reaction score
Wonder if anyone can help me. Have Outlook 2003 and use Word 2003 as the email editor. My default language in Outlook is set to English (UK) and my default language in Word 2003 is English (UK) however when Outlook 2003 spell checks any email I compose it spell checks in English (US) and it also autocorrects my spelling in English (US)!!! Running this all on Windows XP Professional! This is slowly driving me crazy! Please HELP!!!!!!!

Reaction score
if your using word as your email editor (most likely) then open word and goto tools then options, you can configure the spell checker language from there.

Reaction score
Techy said:
if your using word as your email editor (most likely) then open word and goto tools then options, you can configure the spell checker language from there.

Word IS set to spell check in English (UK) (which it does quite happily if I'm writing a letter) with this as its default language. Outlook is set this way too....still spell checks and auto corrects in English (US)......!!!

Reaction score
I'm having similar problems (in reverse). My default language is US English, which is set in the Control Panel, in the MS Office Language Settings, and in Outlook (under Tools/Options/Spelling).

Word checks my spelling using US English, but Outlook (which is using Word to edit e-mail messages) checks my spelling using UK English. :wall:

The strangest thing about it is that it started suddenly yesterday. For the past 18 months Outlook has been using US English to check my spelling.

Reaction score
There must be someone, somewhere that knows how to cure this extremely annoying problem....THIS IS A CALL TO ARMS.....YOUR OUTLOOK USERS NEED...YOU!!
bowdown.gif

David in the US said:
I'm having similar problems (in reverse). My default language is US English, which is set in the Control Panel, in the MS Office Language Settings, and in Outlook (under Tools/Options/Spelling).

Word checks my spelling using US English, but Outlook (which is using Word to edit e-mail messages) checks my spelling using UK English. :wall:

The strangest thing about it is that it started suddenly yesterday. For the past 18 months Outlook has been using US English to check my spelling.

Reaction score
Lol, very good to see it happening the other way around David.

Try installing latest office service pack, failing that try logging on with a different user account and see if the same problem exists. If it doesn't then try a profile reset (deleted and recreate your user profile).

PSC

Reaction score
Spell Check to your own country setting

Hi

Start / Programs / Microsoft office / Microsoft office tools / MSO 2003 Language settings.
Set to where you are: UK or whatever.
Restart office and you're done.

Ask a Question