Speedtest.net

Reaction score
Hey all
I konow when it come to checking your broadband speed it is always recomended to use a few different testers. Anyway Speedtest.net been in the top[ ones to use...I have always said their test figures can be a bit over the top. Anyway BT has upgraded to 20 mb in certain areas. Most sites I check my speed on shows I am just over 12mb on a 20 line, that is until I use Speedtest.net which gives me this stupidly over the top figure..
See image below

Speed.png

So in my opinion use various testers, don't trust Speedtest..Feck I wish I had download speeds like that....
wallbash.gif

Reaction score
V_R said:
http://www.speed.io/index_en.html

try that or better still download a large fiel and use that as a test, much better results. :) Speedtesters lie! :D

Test on your link here

Erm I have downloaded some huge files at some seriously quick download speeds,but nowt as fast as what Speedtest shows..For instance I downloaded a hackintosh file the other day that were about 4 gig in size, took about 4 hours on L*mew*re. And that was with my 6meg of my 8 meg so called speed I get, Feck if it were at 24meg it would have taken seconds......:p

Ask a Question