Windows XP Speeds

Reaction score
Help an old surfer please , my ISP GIVES ME A SPEED FROM 2.3 TO 2.9 Mbps i have been looking at another ISP who can give me 2.5 MEG , all i want to know is which is better ? MEG or Mbps, thank you
confused.gif
poundy

Reaction score
You may also need to take in to account the maximun output of your local telephone exchange.
And your distance from it, these both will add +/- speeds if your connection is via the telephone line.

Adywebb

Growing old....
Reaction score
Whichever ISP you go for it looks like you are probably limited to around 2.5 Mbps regardless of whatever their 'up to xxx Mbps' service they may advertise - in your case they are both talking about the same measure...Megabits per second.

With ADSL its all down to the quality of your line and distance from the exchange and not what ISP you are with.

Adywebb

Growing old....
Reaction score
Looks like the list is primarily based on price/speed rather than reliability/quality of service etc Flops.

Ask a Question