Can someone tell me how to get Frontpage 2003 or Word XP to not put all this
garbage in my page ? Why does it add the span, o:p and mso ? Can these be
turned off ? I'm having a hellva time with my web pages on our company site.
Webmaster is making me run my pages through a cleaner to get rid of al the
garbage and when I bring back into FP, it is really hosed up. He said it is a
FP issue. Can these be turned off ?
Thank you,
Debra

style='mso-margin-top-alt:auto;mso-margin-bottom-alt:auto'><b
style='mso-bidi-font-weight:normal'><span style='color:#000080'><font

Steve Easton

For FrontPage:
With the web open in FrontPage, Tools > Site settings, click the Language tab and Check "Ignore the
keyboard when deciding the encoding of new pages.

For Word I don't have a clue.

--
Steve Easton
Microsoft MVP FrontPage

?

=?Windows-1252?Q?Rob_Giordano_\=28aka:_Crash_Gordo

Are you using Word to write your content?

| Can someone tell me how to get Frontpage 2003 or Word XP to not put all this
| garbage in my page ? Why does it add the span, o:p and mso ? Can these be
| turned off ? I'm having a hellva time with my web pages on our company site.
| Webmaster is making me run my pages through a cleaner to get rid of al the
| garbage and when I bring back into FP, it is really hosed up. He said it is a
| FP issue. Can these be turned off ?
| Thank you,
| Debra

| style='mso-margin-top-alt:auto;mso-margin-bottom-alt:auto'><b
| style='mso-bidi-font-weight:normal'><span style='color:#000080'><font

siggy

I - agree--------
could someone please please create an ADD-IN
that removes the baggage from copy-paste
Excel and Word actions............

** I will buy one **

siggy

?

=?Windows-1252?Q?Rob_Giordano_\=28aka:_Crash_Gordo

there is one for Word 2000 - HTML Filter 2.0 free dl from MS, works perty good too.

or you could just copy/paste into Notepad, copy/paste into FP

or you could just drap drop the Word file into FP ...haven't tried this with Excel though.

| I - agree--------
| could someone please please create an ADD-IN
| that removes the baggage from copy-paste
| Excel and Word actions............
|
| ** I will buy one **
|
| siggy
|

| | > Can someone tell me how to get Frontpage 2003 or Word XP to not put all
| > this
| > garbage in my page ? Why does it add the span, o:p and mso ? Can these be
| > turned off ? I'm having a hellva time with my web pages on our company
| > site.
| > Webmaster is making me run my pages through a cleaner to get rid of al the
| > garbage and when I bring back into FP, it is really hosed up. He said it
| > is a
| > FP issue. Can these be turned off ?
| > Thank you,
| > Debra

| > style='mso-margin-top-alt:auto;mso-margin-bottom-alt:auto'><b
| > style='mso-bidi-font-weight:normal'><span style='color:#000080'><font

David Baxter

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...EE-3FBD-482C-83B0-96FB79B74DED&displaylang=EN

"Rob Giordano (aka: Crash Gordon®)"
there is one for Word 2000 - HTML Filter 2.0 free dl from MS, works
perty good too.

or you could just copy/paste into Notepad, copy/paste into FP

or you could just drap drop the Word file into FP ...haven't tried this
with Excel though.

| I - agree--------
| could someone please please create an ADD-IN
| that removes the baggage from copy-paste
| Excel and Word actions............
|
| ** I will buy one **
|
| siggy
|

| | > Can someone tell me how to get Frontpage 2003 or Word XP to not put
all
| > this
| > garbage in my page ? Why does it add the span, o:p and mso ? Can
these be
| > turned off ? I'm having a hellva time with my web pages on our
company
| > site.
| > Webmaster is making me run my pages through a cleaner to get rid of
al the
| > garbage and when I bring back into FP, it is really hosed up. He
said it
| > is a
| > FP issue. Can these be turned off ?
| > Thank you,
| > Debra

| > style='mso-margin-top-alt:auto;mso-margin-bottom-alt:auto'><b
| > style='mso-bidi-font-weight:normal'><span
style='color:#000080'><font

Ronx

Word 2002 (Word XP) has this built in, though it is not as effective as the
2000 product.
Both Word 2003 and FrontPage 2003 have the filter built in - I have not
tried these since "drag the Word document and drop onto an open web page"
work for me. (I do not use Excel).

--
Ron Symonds (Microsoft MVP - FrontPage)

"Rob Giordano (aka: Crash Gordon®)" <[email protected]>
wrote in message there is one for Word 2000 - HTML Filter 2.0 free dl from MS, works perty
good too.

or you could just copy/paste into Notepad, copy/paste into FP

or you could just drap drop the Word file into FP ...haven't tried this with
Excel though.

| I - agree--------
| could someone please please create an ADD-IN
| that removes the baggage from copy-paste
| Excel and Word actions............
|
| ** I will buy one **
|
| siggy
|

| | > Can someone tell me how to get Frontpage 2003 or Word XP to not put all
| > this
| > garbage in my page ? Why does it add the span, o:p and mso ? Can these
be
| > turned off ? I'm having a hellva time with my web pages on our company
| > site.
| > Webmaster is making me run my pages through a cleaner to get rid of al
the
| > garbage and when I bring back into FP, it is really hosed up. He said it
| > is a
| > FP issue. Can these be turned off ?
| > Thank you,
| > Debra

| > style='mso-margin-top-alt:auto;mso-margin-bottom-alt:auto'><b
| > style='mso-bidi-font-weight:normal'><span style='color:#000080'><font

Steve,
My Tools > Site settings are grayed out. I opened an html page and followed
your instructions but I don't get the Site options.
Some of my pages are Word docs converted to html but not all. The ones I
create in FP still have all the garbage.
Thanks,
Debra

Steve Easton

That means you only have a page open, and not a web site and then a page within the site.

--
Steve Easton
Microsoft MVP FrontPage

Thank you Steve, it is now available. I will try to disable and see what
happens.

Debra