SpamBlockerUtility Malware?

Reaction score
I am hoping someone can help me.................please. Since yesterday I have been experiencing Pop ups from media/fastclick and SpamBlockerUtility and believe that I have a Malware infection. I had a similar experience a year ago and that was indeed traumatic so I am hoping there is someone who can help me get rid of this.

I am working with Windows Vista.

The only 'out of the ordinary' things I did yesterday were:

1. Having recently installed Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2007, I attempted to activate Outlook and

2. I registered at an auction bidding site called Just Snipe

Please, if you can help, make the instructions very simple - I am not very knowledgeable or technically minded!

Waynos_Face

New Cruncher
Reaction score
Hi,

Google Superantispyware, look for the free download, is a blue box

Install and run, that should clear you up.

What antivirus do you use, if its norton or mcafee then get rid and use one of the following;

Kaspersky, Eset Nod32, Avast, Antivir - all are recommended on here, Kaspersky prob best and about £10 for a years license.

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Just to say that SpamBlockerUtility very likely is the malware and you should be looking to get rid of that. It likely installed itself when you registered at that Snipe place.

As WF says, run SuperAntiSpyware and you could also try Spybot Search and Destroy in tandem with it.

Reaction score
Dear WC and Floppybootstomp, very very many thanks for your advice. I duly downloaded SuperAntiSpyware and have run it but it remains to be seen whether this has hit the problem. What it found were I believe all cookies.
I have already run both Spybot and Ad-Aware and both of them came up clean. All I can do now is keep my fingers crossed -------- unless you tell me differently!!!!!

I have been using Windows One Care which is coming up for renewal next month and they are asking for £35.75 to renew it (I paid £29.99 for the package originally!!! Shades of Norton there! I have used Norton in the past and never will do so again. It simply clogged up my machine with unwanted junk and had the effect of making my whole system run like a snail and I could have had a nap in the time it took for my system to boot up!!! I have also used Bit Defender which I thought was quite good but before I go and get something else, can you tell me why you recommend Kaspersky. Simple terms please!!!!

Sorry to bug you for help!!!! There is something else you might be able to help me with. Can you recommend a spam fighting program which doesn't simply work on the basis of recognising spam but also prevents items which I agree are spam from ever getting back in to my inbox - in other words blocks it forever! Perhaps there is no such thing!!!

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Kaspersky? In simple terms? It works.

As does Antivir (free) and neither is a resource hog.

Windows One care is for the most part a waste of time and money.

Ask a Question