Excel High lightng dates in future, today and past

Reaction score
Just joined so hopefully someone can help. I am trying to highlight in different colours whole columns in excel, date between tomorrow and 14 days ahead(green) today date (orange), dates frm yesterday to 14 days just gone(blue), dates from 14 days and forever in the past (red) blank cells to remain blank. Having trouble and not a wizz kid on computers. Can anyone help ???? It would be appreciated. Thanks

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum, and sorry for the late reply :)

You can use Conditional Formatting for that. Highlight the column(s) you want to format, then go to Conditional Formatting (it's within the Home tab). You could then choose 'Highlight Cells Rules' and then choose which option you want. You will have to apply one new rule for each different requirement, so do one at a time.

This guide from Microsoft may be of use too: https://support.office.com/en-gb/ar...32a1af?ui=en-US&rs=en-GB&ad=GB#__toc304825863

Let me know if you run into any trouble and I'll help out.

Ask a Question