Spam?

Reaction score
What I do regarding spam!;)

I have quite a number of e-mail addresses, now I use just the one when I have to enter e-mail for registration/confirmation Etc:? When I receive conformation for whatever it is for, I.E. downloading a program for free/ Etc I save the password if it is appropriate, enter that company in the reject/block file> then delete the email ? And after a while the company will stop sending emails> hence no spam.

Well it works for me anyway.:D

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I use one "signup" e-mail address too, so all the spam things might get sent to there. Need to find a better server-side solution though as I'm getting 100's of bits of spam each day.... grrr!

Reaction score
Ian Cunningham said:
I use one "signup" e-mail address too, so all the spam things might get sent to there. Need to find a better server-side solution though as I'm getting 100's of bits of spam each day.... grrr!
That’s what I do but I forgot to add,:rolleyes: that I have that email account on one PC all the other accounts are on my main PC, so just before I sign up for anything I make sure there is no email in the in box, after I receive the confirmation or whatever I do as I have explained, so I know when I send/receive maybe once a week that whatever is in there is spam or I dont want it select all>delete. If you understand my meaning?;)

CITech

Offshore Crunchie Eater
Reaction score
I operate my own e-mail domain, so I prefix my domain with the name of the site or company I am registering with. For example, e-mail from PC Review gets routed to an address of (e-mail address removed). It is interesting to see where some of the addresses end up!

As for normal spam, I have found that INBOXER is a very good tool. It takes a little while to train it up, but the beauty is that you teach it exactly what you want, and it learns every time. When it stops inbound traffic, it filters it into TWO folders, "possible spam" and "definite spam". You get a BLOCK and ACCEPT button on the toolbar to confirm the POSSIBLE spam, and also get the option to accept DEFINITE spam if you so wish.

You get 21 days to try it out, and then I think it cost about £25.00 after that as a one-off charge.

I'm most impressed by it, as you may have gathered!:thumb:

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
I was about to post ... what spam?

Then I found some on an account I have never used, never ... and on an account I use often nothing.

This 'spam' is a strange animal ... so, just as an experiment for mwa ... spam this one (e-mail address removed) :D

Don't try this at home folks ... ;)

muckshifter

Reaction score
I'm collecting names ...

Be careful what you open mavis ... there may be a bomb in the post. ;)

:cool:

muckshifter

Reaction score
You know, I did NOT want people on the forum to send me mail via that address.

It does not exist ...

well it doesn't ... I made it up

... now, the strange thing is ...

I am reciving email from that address.

:rolleyes:

Reaction score
muckshifter said:
You know, I did NOT want people on the forum to send me mail via that address.

It does not exist ...

well it doesn't ... I made it up

... now, the strange thing is ...

I am reciving email from that address.

:rolleyes:

Woops!:eek: :D :D

Ask a Question