Phone Spam

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
It seems as if e-mailing me isn't enough, companies are now ringing me asking if I am responsible for websites and if I want some SEO services or Web design.

Grrrr :mad: I've said no every time and they just ring back a day later!!!

Spam is really getting on my nerves :wall:

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Do as I do - tell 'em to **** *** :)

They don't often phone back after that.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I'm going to do just that when they ring next ;) I've just ignored it after the first couple of times, but they are continuing to ring still.

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
We used to get some companys ringing us up randomly, theres a way to block it but i cant remember how....i think i rang BT....then they took us off some list or something. I'll see if i can find out what it was later. :)

It was a few years back now maybe theres a better way to do it now.

What ever it was it worked!

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
The Telephone Preference Service? Yeah, I'm on that now so that I don't get calls from double glazing places etc.. but this call was over VOIP from India so I guess they just go though DNS records and pick up all website phone numbers to call
wallbash.gif

edit: link for anyone interested in the TPS

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Ian Cunningham said:
The Telephone Preference Service? Yeah, I'm on that now so that I don't get calls from double glazing places etc.. but this call was over VOIP from India so I guess they just go though DNS records and pick up all website phone numbers to call
wallbash.gif

edit: link for anyone interested in the TPS

Yeah thats it,

Ah i see, that could be a little more tricky...:(

Ask a Question