SP2 and RIS

TJM

I want to know what I need to do to slipstream SP2 into my RIS images?
Currently I am just installing XP with SP1. I am getting ready to create
some RIPREP images and would like to have SP2 as part of those images.

I know you can slipstream SP2 onto a network share of XP, can this be done
to an XP folder on a RIS server? Also can other updates be done this way?

Thanks,

Tim

Jody Atkins

This article will show you how you can slipstream SP2 into a Flat image.
You can't slipstream an image that is already sitting in your RIS you have
to slipstream it outside of RIS then put the image you slip streamed into
RIS and point RIS to it. The article will give you more detail on how to
perform this.

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;EN-US;828930

Best Regards,
Jody Atkins
Microsoft Online Support Engineer
from your issue.
Let me know if you have any other questions or if I can help.

--------------------
| From: "TJM" <[email protected]>
| Subject: SP2 and RIS
| Date: Wed, 13 Oct 2004 17:01:12 -0400
| Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.setup_deployment
|
| I want to know what I need to do to slipstream SP2 into my RIS images?
| Currently I am just installing XP with SP1. I am getting ready to create
| some RIPREP images and would like to have SP2 as part of those images.
|
| I know you can slipstream SP2 onto a network share of XP, can this be
done
| to an XP folder on a RIS server? Also can other updates be done this way?
|
| Thanks,
|
| Tim

TJM

Looks like a very involved process. I do have a CD of XP with SP2
integrated. Am I better off just add that to my RIS server as a new install
of to overwrite the current XP image?

Tim