SP2 and Canon printers

skidpan

Since installing SP2 on my PC network at home, I have
been unable to print to my 2 shared Canon S450 printers
except from the PCs they are directly connected to.

I have no problems printed to my shared HP Lasetjet 4ML
so I assume the problem lies somewheer between SP2 and
the Canon printers.

Any advice?

Richard Urban

You need to have the drivers for said Canon printers installed on the
machine you are trying to print FROM.

--
Regards:

Richard Urban

aka Crusty (-: Old B@stard :)

Richard Urban

You did try to reinstall the drivers - right!

--
Regards:

Richard Urban

aka Crusty (-: Old B@stard :)

Rock

skidpan said:
Since installing SP2 on my PC network at home, I have
been unable to print to my 2 shared Canon S450 printers
except from the PCs they are directly connected to.

I have no problems printed to my shared HP Lasetjet 4ML
so I assume the problem lies somewheer between SP2 and
the Canon printers.

Any advice?

Check with canon for updated drives post SP2.

Opinicus

skidpan said:
Since installing SP2 on my PC network at home, I have
been unable to print to my 2 shared Canon S450 printers
except from the PCs they are directly connected to.

I've seen at least one other Canon user who said that his
hardware didn't work after SP2. You should check with Canon
for new drivers.

Torgeir Bakken \(MVP\)

skidpan said:
Since installing SP2 on my PC network at home, I have
been unable to print to my 2 shared Canon S450 printers
except from the PCs they are directly connected to.

I have no problems printed to my shared HP Lasetjet 4ML
so I assume the problem lies somewheer between SP2 and
the Canon printers.

Any advice?
Hi

If this is MPC190 / MPC200, Canon have released a fix for this:

Does my MPC190 / MPC200 work with Windows XP Service Pack 2?
http://www.canon.com.au/support/cus...r/KBArticleForm&File=KB01347&productID=mpc200

You can also edit the file MpNetIpc.ini to solve this problem:

From: scottwoodward ([email protected])
Subject: Re: XP SP2 install messed up Canon MPC600f driver
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware
Date: 2004-08-22 01:55:58 PST
http://groups.google.com/[email protected]

<quote>
edit the file MPNETIPC.INI and change the 127.0.0.2 in the file to
127.0.0.1, this will resolve this problem (per canon tech support).
The file should be in \windows\system32

scottwoodward
</quote>

From: Jerome ([email protected])
Subject: Re: Printing issues with SP2
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.perform_maintain
Date: 2004-09-03 13:07:32 PST
http://groups.google.com/[email protected]

<quote>
PROBLEM SOLVED ! PROBLEM SOLVED ! PROBLEM SOLVED !
MPC190 / MPC200 + XPSP2 : unable to explore myComputer + unable to
connect to printer or scan. I suppose it solves similar problems with
a lot of canon printers.

Edit C:\WINDOWS\system32\MpNetIpc.ini
Change 127.0.0.2 to 127.0.0.1
(because XP SP2 does not allow loopback on other address)
That'all... and it works !

Enjoy,
Jerome.
</quote>

anzamin

I also have a canon mpc200. I had problems getting it to print. I get
the same message of unable to communicate with device. i have tried
everything from changing ports to 27.0.0.1, to many many patches from
canon and microsoft but nothing seems to work.

any ideas?