sound hardware testing wizard

G

during starting 'sound hardware test' in Control Panel / Sound & Audio Devices / Speech / Hardware testing... I get following message : "An error has occurred during installing Direct Play Voice - Error code 0x80004005". After pressing 'OK' I get following information : "Was unable to run DpvSetup.exe. Go to Software in Control Panel to install the file".
Exectly the same thing happens when attempting to run Diagnostic Help Program for DirectX / Network/Direct Play Voice-options which seems to launch the same Direct Play Voice wizard.
I'm looking forward to the advice of a person who got affected by the same symptoms. Thanks in advance !
P.S. : My DirectX version : 9.0b

G

Hi,

Try download and install the latest XP compatible sound drivers for your sound card.

Peter

----- sakura wrote: -----

during starting 'sound hardware test' in Control Panel / Sound & Audio Devices / Speech / Hardware testing... I get following message : "An error has occurred during installing Direct Play Voice - Error code 0x80004005". After pressing 'OK' I get following information : "Was unable to run DpvSetup.exe. Go to Software in Control Panel to install the file".
Exectly the same thing happens when attempting to run Diagnostic Help Program for DirectX / Network/Direct Play Voice-options which seems to launch the same Direct Play Voice wizard.
I'm looking forward to the advice of a person who got affected by the same symptoms. Thanks in advance !
P.S. : My DirectX version : 9.0b

G

I suspect that you are running a McAfee Virus scan. Most likely a 7.-
version. If you are, remove all McAfee software and that should take care of th
problem. There is a known problem with this version of McAfee an
directplay. BTW-spread the word! I battled this for a month b4 finding the solution!

Ask a Question